declaration error
Author Message
 declaration error

Hello,

I need somehelp from all of experts out there. I have a problem with my
program. My declaration statement is below here

implementation

uses generalpage, profilepage, crosspage, chinespage, othercurvespage,
  generalpageRe, drawpageRe;

procedure OpenInputPoints;forward;          // here is the declaration..

...... bla bla..bla..

and when i run my project, there was an error as shown below

[Error] drawpage.pas(271): Unsatisfied forward or external declaration:
'OpenInputPoints'

How it could be?? Any idea?

Thanks..

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 declaration error
   You're using Units here, so the need to declare "forward" doesn't
apply.  You can declare the procedures in a Unit in any order, unlike the
standard Pascal "one-pass" compiler requirement.
   However, I don't see enough code here to determine where you are
actually defining "drawpage", and the message implies it's a source file,
instead of a subprogram contained in the Unit or Units you're "using".
So, you'll have to look at your code and sources more deeply and find
where that specific reference is located.
Quote:
> I need somehelp from all of experts out there. I have a problem with my
> program. My declaration statement is below here
> implementation
> uses generalpage, profilepage, crosspage, chinespage, othercurvespage,
>   generalpageRe, drawpageRe;

> procedure OpenInputPoints;forward;          // here is the declaration..

> ...... bla bla..bla..

> and when i run my project, there was an error as shown below

> [Error] drawpage.pas(271): Unsatisfied forward or external declaration:
> 'OpenInputPoints'

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 declaration error
The "OpenInputPoints; FORWARD" declaration means, in effect, "I'm telling
you now that somewhere below, there will be a procedure called
OpenInputPoints that I will declare and specify.  I'm telling you about it
now because I want to use the name, even though I have not yet defined the
procedure.  I'll put it below, I promise."

The error message suggests you did not keep your promise.  Is there, below
this code, a declaration "Procedure OpenInputPoints;" with the code to
implement it presented?

Bob Schor
Pascal Enthusiast

Quote:

> Hello,

> I need somehelp from all of experts out there. I have a problem with my
> program. My declaration statement is below here

> implementation

> uses generalpage, profilepage, crosspage, chinespage, othercurvespage,
>   generalpageRe, drawpageRe;

> procedure OpenInputPoints;forward;          // here is the declaration..

> ...... bla bla..bla..

> and when i run my project, there was an error as shown below

> [Error] drawpage.pas(271): Unsatisfied forward or external declaration:
> 'OpenInputPoints'

> How it could be?? Any idea?

> Thanks..

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pointer declarations

2. Variant fields in object declaration in TP7 or DELPHI

3. Program name declaration

4. ODBC32 API Declaration Unit for Delphi 2.0

5. {10:3 declaration}????

6. write / writeln declaration

7. Help: Unfamiliar type declaration

8. Help: Unfamiliar type declaration