Free AIX Pascal compiler?
Author Message
 Free AIX Pascal compiler?

Greetings,
    I have several AIX machines to manage.  I really hate working in C if I
have Pascal available.   My questions is: does anyone know of an inexpensive
(or free) Pascal compiler for the AIX operating system?
Thanks,
William Peckham

---

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 05:43:19 GMT
 Free AIX Pascal compiler?

Quote:

> Greetings,
>     I have several AIX machines to manage.  I really hate working in C if I
> have Pascal available.   My questions is: does anyone know of an inexpensive
> (or free) Pascal compiler for the AIX operating system?

I think GPC is your only chance, unless your run on one of the x86, m68k
(and sparc,ppc in the near future) archtictures, then a FPC port could be
made. At least far as free compilers are concerned.

- GPC is one of the ISO standards branch,
- Free Pascal (FPC) of the Borland branch.
- GPC has a TurboPascal mode though.

http;//www.gnu-pascal.de
Some supported platforms:  http://www.gnu-pascal.de/gpc/h-about.html

These platforms are afaik "known working", probably everything supporting
GNU C without extra large patches is a possible target.

FPC: (though I doubt it to be useful in this case) :
http://www.freepascal.org or ask here.

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:19:44 GMT
 Free AIX Pascal compiler?

Quote:

> I have several AIX machines to manage.  I really hate working in
> C if I have Pascal available.   My questions is: does anyone know
> of an inexpensive (or free) Pascal compiler for the AIX operating
> system?

Do you have GCC available?  Then GPC is available.   gnu.de.

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:36:50 GMT
 Free AIX Pascal compiler?

Quote:

> > I have several AIX machines to manage.  I really hate working in
> > C if I have Pascal available.   My questions is: does anyone know
> > of an inexpensive (or free) Pascal compiler for the AIX operating
> > system?

> Do you have GCC available?  Then GPC is available.   gnu.de.

> --

>    Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
>    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!

I have GCC, and will certianly check out GPC.  I was not aware that it would
build on AIX.  Thanks all!

---

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 18:34:38 GMT

1. AIX XL Pascal Compiler/6000 version 2

2. Windows Dialog Loading (Free Pascal Compiler)

3. Free Pascal Compiler for Windows???

4. Using DXEs in Free Pascal Compiler

5. tmtp350d.zip TMT 32-bit Pascal Compiler for MS-DOS, free lite version

6. Free Pascal Compiler 1.0 released!

7. Free Pascal Compiler 1.0beta1 - 0.99.8 released

8. Free Pascal Compiler 0.99.14 Released

9. Modplayer for Free Pascal Compiler

10. Asm and Free Pascal Compiler 0.99.12

11. Free Dev Pascal compiler.

12. tmtp200d.zip Free TMT 32-bit Pascal Compiler, max 1.5Mb code+data+heap