i am trying to load 12000 strings in to the memory but I'm kind of
lost with this.....

Possible options I tought of where :

- making a ram disk and copieing the file onto the ramdisk.. problem:

how can I make a ramdisk without booting the system,

- reading the data in a variable and using it from there

problem : couldn't find a way to put long strings (12000 strings) in
an array or so ...

hope you out there can help me .......

thanx Sander Verweij....

Tue, 09 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

>i am trying to load 12000 strings in to the memory but I'm kind of
>lost with this.....

The solution is to create a dynamic variable, accessed by pointer(s).
Check your manual on how to do this - or let me know if you're stuck.
Obviously your are limited by the amount of memory on your system but
with well managed dynamic variables you can pack in as much data as
your RAM allows.

Tue, 09 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
: i am trying to load 12000 strings in to the memory but I'm kind of
: lost with this.....

CONST
TYPE
    StringX = STRING[X];
    StrPtr   = ^StringX;
    StrArray = ARRAY [1..12000] OF StrPtr;

   { etc. }

PS:  You probably need BP7.0 and lots of memory if X is reasonably large.

Thu, 11 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

2. Q: How to load data aware component value to a pgm variable

3. How to read load national strings from resources ????

4. not enough memory to load driver (error -5)

6. Allocating LOADS of Memory

9. BP7 memory mgt..and VARiable parameters

10. Pascal refuses to read a string variable...

11. Variable length strings to DLLs

12. how to use strings/arrays of variable length?