Options for GUI development using FPC
Author Message
 Options for GUI development using FPC

Hi,

I think the subject says it all ...

What are the options for developing GUI applications using FPC in Windows?
(Without straight Win API calls yuk!)

Does the GTK binding work in Windows?

Thanks,

Ray Smith

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:13:31 GMT
 Options for GUI development using FPC

Quote:

>Hi,

>I think the subject says it all ...

>What are the options for developing GUI applications using FPC in Windows?
>(Without straight Win API calls yuk!)

In development, but not ready yet. Try e.g. http://Lazarus.freePascal.org

Quote:
>Does the GTK binding work in Windows?

Afaik yes.

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:34:32 GMT
 Options for GUI development using FPC

Quote:

> >Hi,

> >I think the subject says it all ...

> >What are the options for developing GUI applications using FPC in
Windows?
> >(Without straight Win API calls yuk!)

> In development, but not ready yet. Try e.g. http://Lazarus.freepascal.org

> >Does the GTK binding work in Windows?

> Afaik yes.

http://www.gimp.org/win32 The windows port of the gimp uses gtk stuff in
windows and has links on how to do it in your own program.

--
-The "D"
    A Thunderstorm is God's way of telling you you spend too much time on

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:09:24 GMT
 Options for GUI development using FPC

Quote:

>> >Hi,

>> >I think the subject says it all ...

>> >What are the options for developing GUI applications using FPC in
>Windows?
>> >(Without straight Win API calls yuk!)

>> In development, but not ready yet. Try e.g. http://Lazarus.freepascal.org

>> >Does the GTK binding work in Windows?

>> Afaik yes.

>http://www.gimp.org/win32 The windows port of the gimp uses gtk stuff in
>windows and has links on how to do it in your own program.

Lazarus will be putting binaries on their site (and I hope for win32 too)
next week.

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:14:41 GMT
 Options for GUI development using FPC
www.mos.com.bi

Quote:

>>Windows?

>>> In development, but not ready yet. Try e.g. http://Lazarus.freepascal.org

>>> Afaik yes.

>>http://www.gimp.org/win32 The windows port of the gimp uses gtk stuff in
>>windows and has links on how to do it in your own program.

>Lazarus will be putting binaries on their site (and I hope for win32 too)
>next week.

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 03:07:06 GMT
 Options for GUI development using FPC
Quote:

>www.mos.com.bi

Do you now also have Win32 GUI apps?

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 04:37:27 GMT
 Options for GUI development using FPC
The version we are working on is based on FPC for windows with graphix
for windows (with directx...)
But this version is not yet released.

Quote:

>>www.mos.com.bi

>Do you now also have Win32 GUI apps?

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:37:10 GMT

1. : only for the persons who are interested in Graphical Windows Objects (my GUI for FPC)

2. I see no Advanced Options button using Reportsmith - ??

3. FPC:problem with printing from fpc programs

4. FPC: translate execvp from c to FPC

5. DBGrid1.Options.Editing toggle by code?

6. Date control with null option

7. Table.Locate options for multiple field searches

8. Delphi vs. the other options

9. DeskTop, SQL, or Other Option??

10. Problems with the requested option of Paradox Tables

11. How?: TBatchMove progress indication, cancel option.

12. Compiler options to specify *.exe file name?