TCPIP
Author Message
 TCPIP

Anyone know of a good TCPIP unit for use with BP 7.01 without the need of a
packet driver?  Just need basic socket level support.

Thanks,

Dale

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 TCPIP
On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 06:44:42 -0500, Dale Barnes posted:

Quote:
>Anyone know of a good TCPIP unit for use with BP 7.01 without the need of a
>packet driver?  Just need basic socket level support.

>Thanks,

>Dale

Isn't the packet driver what makes the TCP/IP stack work?  Isn't the
question a bit like, "I want a car without the need for an engine because I
just need basic automotive support."?

Unless I've missed something.

--

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 TCPIP

Quote:

>Anyone know of a good TCPIP unit for use with BP 7.01 without the need of a
>packet driver?  Just need basic socket level support.

You are posting in the wrong group.

To make it on topic, I'll tweak the question a bit :

Q: Is there a good tcpip unit for use with a ??? compiler without the need of
a packet driver?

A: If you have a
- 3C509 (etherlink III) network card and a
- 32-bit DJGPP or Watcom C++ compatible compiler, so that you can link with
a C library.
- created a suitable set of headers to the C lib.

then yes, the answer you are looking for is wattcp. (www.wattcp.com)

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 TCPIP
No, I was in a rush and did not quite ask correctly.

Quote:
> Isn't the packet driver what makes the TCP/IP stack work?  Isn't the
> question a bit like, "I want a car without the need for an engine because
> just need basic automotive support."?

> Unless I've missed something.

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. TCPIP

2. Developing: TCPIP API - What do you need

3. TCPIP Kernal in pascal?

4. TCPIP UNIT

5. FTP in Pascal (TCPIP)

6. win95 - tcpip installation