backup program
Author Message
 backup program

For an A-level project, I need to include a backup procedure. I thought
that, seeing as it was a programming project, and I have plenty of time
before the program has to abe handed in, I would write a program to back up
all files in a certain directory to a floppy disk (or any other backup
drive). The pseudocode for this, I think, would be quite simple, but after
looking through the Pascal FAQ, it looks quite complicated. Would it be a
hard program to create, validate and test, or would I be better off not
writing the program, and just say how the user would have to periodically
copy some files on to their floppy drive (or whatever drive they wanted to
use as a backup drive)?

Thank You

Craig

http://www.*-*-*.com/ (opening soon!)

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 backup program

Quote:
> The pseudocode for this, I think, would be quite simple, but after
> looking through the pascal FAQ, it looks quite complicated. Would it be a
> hard program to create, validate and test, or would I be better off not
> writing the program, and just say how the user would have to periodically
> copy some files on to their floppy drive (or whatever drive they wanted to
> use as a backup drive)?

Just use CopyFile() to save stuff wherever you want it.

If you need to know how to get all the files in a directory, check out
http://www.used-disks.com/Programming/Delphi/FAQ/WinAPI/ under "How Do I
Search For Files?"

--
- Jimmy                              -
--------------------------------------
http://www.used-disks.com/programming/
--------------------------------------
:

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. backup program

2. tape backup programming

3. TechTips: "Hot Backups?"

4. SQL Server programmatic backups

5. InterBase Database Backup from Delphi

6. backup

7. Database backup with active applications running...

8. Interbase backup

9. backup and Ttable

10. backup pdx tables

11. Make a Backup ?!