ASCII to HEX Conversion help please!!!
Author Message
 ASCII to HEX Conversion help please!!!

Please help

I have a program which lifts portions of one file and deposits them into
another.  Most of this is working fine.  Unfortunately I have to both read
and write to the files in HEX and the values I have assigned appear to be
ASCII.  I either need to discover a different way of reading from and
writing to the files (ie. in HEX) or I will need a procedure to convert the
variables from ASCII to HEX.

TC.

PS. I'm a newbie at all of this - please take that into account with any
answers!

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ASCII to HEX Conversion help please!!!

Tim Carey schrieb:

Quote:

> Please help

> I have a program which lifts portions of one file and deposits them into
> another.  Most of this is working fine.  Unfortunately I have to both read
> and write to the files in HEX and the values I have assigned appear to be
> ASCII.  I either need to discover a different way of reading from and
> writing to the files (ie. in HEX) or I will need a procedure to convert the
> variables from ASCII to HEX.

> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

> TC.

> PS. I'm a newbie at all of this - please take that into account with any
> answers!

Var S : String;
    R : Real;
    K : Integer;

S := '1234.567';
Val(S,R,K);
if K <> 0 then Writeln('Error in numberstring ',S,' at position ',K);

http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/tp.html
Regards,
Franz Glaser
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with ASCII to HEX conversion please

2. Hex to ASCII conversion ?

3. FAST binary to hex string conversion

4. Integer to HEX conversion ???

5. Need help designing Hex converter (of text strings, please read)

6. Decimal to Hex Conversion

7. Decimal to Hex Conversion

8. Bin to Hex conversion

9. Hex to ASCII ??

10. Using Hex/ASCII in tp7

11. ReportSmith to QuickReport conversion - Help please!

12. Urgent: Need ASCII digits to UNSIGNED Long integer conversion