newbie at printing
Author Message
 newbie at printing

I am trying to send my output straight to m printer but it either does
nothing or I get a "file not
found error". I am using Turbo Pascal for Windows and a simple example
of the code is:
program printing (input,output);
uses wincrt;
var
       printout:text;
begin
       assign(printout,'lpt1');
       rewrite(printout);
       writeln(printout,'Hello Printer!!!');
       close(printout)
end.

My printer is definately connected to lpt1 :-), and I am fairly certain
the code is correct. Does
anyone have any ideas about how my printer could be incorrectly set up?

Thanks in advance
Tony

Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:41:57 GMT
 newbie at printing

Quote:

>I am trying to send my output straight to m printer but it either does
>nothing or I get a "file not
>found error". I am using Turbo Pascal for Windows and a simple example
>of the code is:

Wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup is not for Turbo Pascal.

Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:22:38 GMT
 newbie at printing
It's the closest I can find to one.
Thanks for your help.

Quote:

> >I am trying to send my output straight to m printer but it either does
> >nothing or I get a "file not
> >found error". I am using Turbo Pascal for Windows and a simple example
> >of the code is:

> Wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup is not for Turbo Pascal.

Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:35:24 GMT
 newbie at printing

Quote:

> I am trying to send my output straight to m printer but it either does
> nothing or I get a "file not
> found error". I am using Turbo Pascal for Windows and a simple example
> of the code is:
> program printing (input,output);
> uses wincrt;
> var
>        printout:text;
> begin
>        assign(printout,'lpt1');
>        rewrite(printout);
>        writeln(printout,'Hello Printer!!!');
>        close(printout)
> end.

> My printer is definately connected to lpt1 :-), and I am fairly certain
> the code is correct. Does
> anyone have any ideas about how my printer could be incorrectly set up?

> Thanks in advance
> Tony

Hi

Try sending a form feed character after the message.

Regards Hanford

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:57:58 GMT

1. newbie question: printing tables

2. newbie at printing

3. Newbie: Printing

4. Newbie needs a little help with code for printing

5. Newbie needs help with code for Printing

6. Newbie needs help with code for Printing in tp 7.0

7. Newbie needs help with code for printing

8. Newbie wants newbie friend

9. How to print to Novell print queue?

10. Reportsmith printing problem with Windows Printing System laser

11. printing to the novell print queue

12. Delphi Printing WITHOUT ReportSmith WITHOUT Print method