Invalid Pointer Operation after FPC 1.00 installation and an Ansistring problem
Author Message
 Invalid Pointer Operation after FPC 1.00 installation and an Ansistring problem

Hi all,
I'm using FPC to create a Linux Application using GTK. Until I started using
version 1.00 everything except a little problem with ansistrings (I will
return to this later) worked fine. Now it produces shortly after startup
Invalid Pointer Operations at mass. I don't understand that because with
FPC 0.99.12 it didn't. (Code wasn't changed since then). If you've got any
idea please help me. I don't want to rewrite the whole program (>2000 lines)
but want to have FPC 1.00 installed...
The other problem I encountered in this program is the following:
I have to read a text file that includes lines that exceed the 255 chars
limit. So I wanted to use Ansistrings but now the compiler quits with
"internal compiler error 8888" after giving the error msg "Couldn't
determine which overloaded function to use" this happens when compiling
this line:
l:=length(txtbuf[i]);
Where txtbuf is an array of ansistrings that is defined in a unit the
program is using
thanks in advance, Matthias

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Invalid Pointer Operation after FPC 1.00 installation and an Ansistring problem

Quote:

> I'm using FPC to create a Linux Application using GTK. Until I started using
> version 1.00 everything except a little problem with ansistrings (I will
> return to this later) worked fine. Now it produces shortly after startup
> Invalid Pointer Operations at mass. I don't understand that because with
> FPC 0.99.12 it didn't. (Code wasn't changed since then). If you've got any
> idea please help me. I don't want to rewrite the whole program (>2000 lines)
> but want to have FPC 1.00 installed...

It's possible there was a bug in your program that didn't get detected
by older versions of the FPC heap manager. Try compiling your program
and the units it uses with -ghl, this will print out more information
than a simple RTE 204.

Quote:
> The other problem I encountered in this program is the following:
> I have to read a text file that includes lines that exceed the 255 chars
> limit. So I wanted to use Ansistrings but now the compiler quits with
> "internal compiler error 8888" after giving the error msg "Couldn't
> determine which overloaded function to use" this happens when compiling
> this line:
> l:=length(txtbuf[i]);
> Where txtbuf is an array of ansistrings that is defined in a unit the
> program is using

I can't reporduce it here with a snapshot. Could you test with a
snapshot (from the development section of the website) or post a
compilable sample which shows the problem?

Jonas

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Invalid pointer operation

2. dipose [Invalid Pointer operation]

3. Invalid pointer operation???!!!

4. Invalid Pointer problem

5. !Help with DLL 'Invalid Pointer Operation problems'!

6. DbiGetProcs Oracle 7.2 Invalid Floating Point Operation

7. error 207: invalid floating poind operation

8. Delphi 3 Invalid Operation Error

9. Error 207 - Invalid Floating Point Operation

10. Error 207 - Invalid floating point operation

11. TQuery error: Invalid floating point operation???

12. FPC:problem with printing from fpc programs