Fastwrite toolbox
Author Message
 Fastwrite toolbox

I 'd appreciate testing and comments on the toolbox here

www.tank-cleaning.demon.nl/pasfiles/fastwrit.zip

Purpose is to increase the speed of writing to the text screen e.g. for
the purpose of text animation.

Lots of modifications compared to the previous version. A small bug
(...well actually a feature) removed. A test program that shows a lot
more of the possibilities, and a description of the routines added.

It is developed in BP7. I am curious if it compiles and runs in older
versions or other Pascals

Originally the toolbox used hardware addressing only. But aparently some
computers have problems with the [$40:$84] hardware address for the
number of line on the screen. A compiler directive has been added. With
the directive removed it uses a dos call to obtain the correct
information, which is (re-)stored at every screen change. I can't see
any speed difference anymore between hardware and software addressing.

--
Femme Verbeek

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:05:02 GMT
 Fastwrite toolbox

Quote:

> It is developed in BP7. I am curious if it compiles and runs in older
> versions or other pascals

I didn't test, but I expect it to work with the dos version of FPC in strict
TP mode.
All typical problem areas are circumvented because:

- no interrupts called that have pointers as argument.
- no asm.
- all lower memory access via memw or absolute addresses instead of by
   pointer tricks.

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:58:54 GMT
 Fastwrite toolbox

Quote:

> > It is developed in BP7. I am curious if it compiles and runs in
older
> > versions or other pascals

> I didn't test, but I expect it to work with the dos version of FPC in
strict
> TP mode.
> All typical problem areas are circumvented because:

> - no interrupts called that have pointers as argument.
> - no asm.

The asm was recently removed.

Quote:
> - all lower memory access via memw or absolute addresses instead of by
>    pointer tricks.

Thanks Marco. Let me know if you test run it. Just curious.

Do you know anything about detecting screen refreshes?
--
Femme

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 00:01:26 GMT

1. Fastwrite toolbox

2. WTB: TP 1,3,5; Database toolbox, Numerical Methods Toolbox

3. Software Programmer's Online Toolbox

4. Need TP Database Toolbox

5. TP Graphix Toolbox

6. Turbo Pascal Toolbox ?

7. Borland Turbo Pascal Numerical Method's Toolbox

8. FA: Turbo Pascal Toolbox

9. Need help with Turbo Toolbox

10. Need TP3 and Turbo Database Toolbox for legacy app

11. Help! With Pascal Graphix Toolbox

12. Old Database ToolBox