Int handler with IRQs > 7
Author Message
 Int handler with IRQs > 7

Hi I have SB16 (actually Vibra16) and I'm having problems with sound when
it's using IRQ10. I'm using TP7. Everything works right when I use IRQs<8.
Question is: what should I change in order to use IRQ10?
I have done this:
-I set bit 2 in port 0A1h to 0 to enable IRQ10
-I change Int 072h to my own handler (is that int number right?)
-After this and setting up DMACs and SB DMA transfer starts well
-In my handler, I load sound data from disk to DMA buffer and
 acknowledge SB by reading port 020E. Then I write EOI (020h) to PICs
 (ports 020h and 0A0h).

Am I missing something? I have put few WriteLn to handler to find out
where something goes wrong. It looks like that disk operation doesn't
work with IRQ10 (with IRQ5 everything works just right). However, those
acknowledges are never executed and computer hangs up.
Is there something else in addition to PIC mask register and PIC ack port
that I should add/modify?
(BTW, this is again another time when that PnP comes out and screws
everything up totally. Changing SB's IRQ CAN'T be more difficult than
it is now.)

Thanks to anybody who can help me.

Fri, 06 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Int handler with IRQs > 7

Quote:

> Hi I have SB16 (actually Vibra16) and I'm having problems with sound when
> it's using IRQ10. I'm using TP7. Everything works right when I use IRQs<8.

Hi Tomi, not sure if this helps but I had a similar problem (?) when
using IRQ5. I also have a Vibra16 which used to sometimes lockup. I
couldn't pin it down to anything in particular since it appeared to miss
an interrupt acknowledgement at the end of DMA. Naturally, this problem
was indescriminate in that it didn't always happen. I got on to Creative
tech support but all they could do was point me in the direction of their
developers kit and manual. I finally 'solved' the problem when I changed
the way in which the DMA controller (or was it the DSP?) was programmed.
The Creative manual says that you should program it for single or
auto-init mode DMA. Naturally, I was using single 'cos that's all that
was needed. Hah! Changing it to use auto-init solved the problem. Hope
this helps (?)

Rocco Loscalzo ({*filter*}Frog)

Sun, 08 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. REQ: Int 2Fh Handler

2. Delphi>>>>>>>

3. Question: HEX <-> INT

4. Converting Bytes(?) to Int / Int to Bytes

6. HELP ME PLEASE I NEED HELP ON PROGRAMMING THIS>>>>|||

7. IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox

8. HELP>>HELP>>Using an Index for an MSSQL database

9. Problem with HW-IRQs in protected-mode

10. Problem with HW-IRQs in protected-mode

11. Redirecting IRQs

12. Comm port addresses and IRQs