Announce: very beta fortran to pascal translator
Author Message
 Announce: very beta fortran to pascal translator

Hi all,

a while ago I asked for a fortran to Pascal translator and got no
positiv response to that.
So I decided to write my own one.

Lets give it the name 'f2p V0.1'.

It is rather simple and only interesting for people who know how much
work it is to translate some 10000 lines. :-)
I found that it does about 95% of the work (except of extensive matrix
usage) in my case.
The stupid things are all done by my translator. (There are only 4
exceptions yet. I hope to eliminate them with your help!)

It is written for windows 3.1 ,95 ,NT only. (sorry)

Now, what I want from you: I'am searching for some 10 or 20 people who
have the time to get out the bugs of f2p with me.
You have to know fortran and pascal!
You will get the program on the 20st of march for testing purpose.
What do you get therefor: You will get a free copy of the final
release and the major bug updates.
F2p will be later available as a shareware program with an internet
online registration. So you have to have an internet connection to use
it!!! I hate people who don't pay for my work :-(. (You too, I'am
sure.) (Flames to that subject will not be answered!)

Thanks for all creative responses in advance.

I hope to hear of you,
  Frank

Fri, 06 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Announce: very beta fortran to pascal translator

: Hi all,

: a while ago I asked for a fortran to pascal translator and got no
: positiv response to that.

Oh? I though some people (like me) suggested to use a sed script.

: So I decided to write my own one.

Ah. Fine.

: It is written for windows 3.1 ,95 ,NT only. (sorry)

Uhhhh. Not so fine. Why not a command line tool that can compile on
UNIX (and OS/2) as well. Why is Winblows needed for f2p ?
I think that much of the Fortran code out there is actually used on
systems that run UNIX (or VMS, MVS, ..) and I wouldn't want to buy
a PC and a copy of Windoze just to convert my Fortran sources into
Pascal. So, please reconsider this restriction.

Also -- what dialect of Pascal do you transform to? Bo(ring)land,
Delphi, ANSI-ISO Pascal, ANSI-ISO Extended Pascal (the one with
complex numbers, file binding, etc.), VAX pascal, ....?
How does it handle complex numbers, hollerith constants, variable
array boundaries, calls to intrinsics for which there are no pascal
equivalents, passing of command line arguments, equivalent staements,
and all that?

: F2p will be later available as a shareware program with an internet
: online registration. So you have to have an internet connection to use
: it!!! I hate people who don't pay for my work :-(.

Oh well. I don't care as long as _someone_ pays me. But again -- post
more information please or send me email. Mind you, I am using exclusively
things like UNIX, OS/2, and CMS/MVS, so I may not be well suited as
beta tester.   Stefan

                                             home^    UTK^     ORNL^
If there is software you'd like to have in a native OS/2 version, visit
the: OS/2 E-mail Campaign Page http://www.andrews.edu/~boyko/email.html

Fri, 06 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Announce: very beta fortran to pascal translator

2. ANNOUNCE: GNU Pascal beta version gpc-19990118

3. ANNOUNCE: GNU Pascal beta version gpc-19990118

4. The world's foremost FORTRAN to C Translator

5. BETA: TADODataSet v0.90 Beta 2

6. Fortran-Pascal interaction

7. Using pascal and Fortran

8. Fortran RAN ->Pascal ?

9. Fortran - Pascal string passing problems

10. FORTRAN CODE TO PASCAL - this time I got it right - c-means.for (1/1)

11. FORTRAN CODE TO PASCAL - this time I got it right - c-means.for (0/1)

12. Fortran to Pascal