system command
Author Message
 system command

How do I send a system command in Pascal?

Sorry if it is an easy quesiton, I just could not find in docs.

I am looking for something like command example

command('c:/fpe/plot/wgnupl32.exe c:/fpe/projects/plot.plt');

so it will run gnuplot and make graph for me...

regards,

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:25:01 GMT
 system command
I found
Execl ('c:/fpe/plot/wgnupl32.exe c:/fpe/projects/plot.plt');

but it says identifier not found execl...

any help?

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:49:08 GMT
 system command
done with

uses dos;
and
Exec ('c:/fpe/plot/wgnupl32.exe','c:/fpe/projects/plot.plt');

still do not plot.. but probably for the wrong plt file..

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:55:03 GMT
 system command

Quote:

> How do I send a system command in pascal?
> Sorry if it is an easy quesiton, I just could not find in docs.

You are obviously speaking of Turbo Pascal. If so, covered in

 165966 Jan 8 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

   All the best, Timo

Timo's  FAQ  materials  at   http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:54:17 GMT
 system command
nope..

it was freepascal but thanks for the link..

Quote:

> > How do I send a system command in pascal?
> > Sorry if it is an easy quesiton, I just could not find in docs.

> You are obviously speaking of Turbo Pascal. If so, covered in

>  165966 Jan 8 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
>  tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

>    All the best, Timo

> --
> Prof. Timo Salmi ftp & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5
> Department of Accounting and Business Finance  ; University of Vaasa

> Timo's  FAQ  materials  at   http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:15:27 GMT

1. single linked lists/'C' system command

2. How to exec system commands

3. Running Delphi command-line Paradox App using NT "AT" command

4. Pascal Exec command in Windows XP Environment

5. Turbo Pascal 7 Exec Command Trouble

6. turbo pascal 7.0 command line params

7. print command for turbo pascal

8. Database Desktop and the UPDATE command...

9. 43/50 lines in command prompt??? URGENT

10. Calling Dos commands from inside a program?

11. UPDATE, SET SQL commands and Delphi...

12. Invisible Program - Command Line Arguments