Turbo visions empty desktop detection ??
Author Message
 Turbo visions empty desktop detection ??

I want my turbo vision application to display a sort of hint form when
the desktop is empty.

Is it possible to detect when the desktop of a turbo vision
application is empty, no dialogs are schowing etc.

I want enclose this in the program idle loop, so when ever the program
is in idle and the desktop is empty, a hint form is shown.

With regards Enrico Vullings

Sat, 27 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Turbo visions empty desktop detection ??

Quote:

> I want my turbo vision application to display a sort of hint form when
> the desktop is empty.

> Is it possible to detect when the desktop of a turbo vision
> application is empty, no dialogs are schowing etc.

> I want enclose this in the program idle loop, so when ever the program
> is in idle and the desktop is empty, a hint form is shown.

> With regards Enrico Vullings

Desktop.Children=0 ? <- off the top of my head

alternatively, override TDesktop & the MakeDesktop part of TApplication.
Replace with your own desktop which has the hint stuff on the backdrop.

--
Daniel Silverstone (Usually ;)

Look at the farstar Homepages on:
 http://www.farstar.demon.co.uk/

Try out Daniel's TPascal Page & Delphi 2.0 bits at
 http://www.farstar.demon.co.uk/Pascal/index.htm

Mail me & give comments (I know it's sparse ;)

Mon, 29 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Turbo visions empty desktop detection ??

2. Empty Table not the same DB desktop empty

3. Redefining Default Desktop Size? Turbo Vision Question

4. Desktop Empty errors

5. WTD - Borland/Turbo Pascal Manuals/SW Especially Turbo Vision

6. Index-file browser for turbo vision (Turbo Pascal ver 6.0)

7. Do we discuss FreePascal or Turbo Pascal(Empty Inside)

8. Can I use Graphics Mode in Turbo Vision?

9. Graphics Problem in Turbo Vision

10. REQ: Turbo Vision Tutorial

11. turbo vision problem

12. Please: no Turbo Vision here!