AI program/source
Author Message
 AI program/source

I am looking for a good, no, decent, AI conversation
program and its source.  All the ones I have tried are
pretty lame, like ELIZA.  Any ideas out there?
Thanx alot.

Scott
Juli_and_scottAThotmail.com

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:42:06 GMT
 AI program/source

Quote:

> I am looking for a good, no, decent, AI conversation
> program and its source.  All the ones I have tried are
> pretty lame, like ELIZA.  Any ideas out there?
> Thanx alot.

Please tell me about your problems with "decent AI conversation program"

?

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 06:50:26 GMT
 AI program/source
How long have you been "AI Conversation program" ?  ;-)

Seriously,  I haevnt searched it through and through, but I'm not sure if
anyone did anything better than eliza...I've seen copycats, but something
better?

you might want to look at RPG game engines, perhaps something's been made in
that department?

Stephane Richard
Software Developer

Quote:

> > I am looking for a good, no, decent, AI conversation
> > program and its source.  All the ones I have tried are
> > pretty lame, like ELIZA.  Any ideas out there?
> > Thanx alot.

> Please tell me about your problems with "decent AI conversation program"

> ?

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:16:15 GMT
 AI program/source

Quote:

> How long have you been "AI Conversation program" ?  ;-)

Does it really matter to you if I am "AI Conversation program"

?

Quote:

> Seriously,  I haevnt searched it through and through, but I'm not sure if
> anyone did anything better than eliza...I've seen copycats, but something
> better?

No, erase, reset, start over. You have never seem Eliza, not many people have.

Eliza was a program originated in the MIT AI lab. It is very large and complete,
and was written in LISP. Because not many people had lisp, a Basic version of
it was created that most people know as the program "Eliza". However, that
program was a vastly cut down parody of the original Eliza that came from MIT.

So what you want to do is look for Eliza, as written in LISP and verify that
it contains all the right MIT origination info. The bigger problem will be
running it, it will take getting ahold of a lisp interpreter, and perhaps solving
any incompatiblities with the Eliza program. However, Eliza is a famous program,
so chances are good someone has done that for you already.

So you want "Eliza" not "Eliza", got it ?

Say, do you have any psychological problems

?

Quote:

--
Warning: poster of this email may be under the influence of
sleep inducing documents !

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 04:43:57 GMT
 AI program/source
We are talking about you, not me. :-)

Quote:

> > How long have you been "AI Conversation program" ?  ;-)

> Does it really matter to you if I am "AI Conversation program"

> ?

> > Seriously,  I haevnt searched it through and through, but I'm not sure
if
> > anyone did anything better than eliza...I've seen copycats, but
something
> > better?

> No, erase, reset, start over. You have never seem Eliza, not many people
have.

> Eliza was a program originated in the MIT AI lab. It is very large and
complete,
> and was written in LISP. Because not many people had lisp, a Basic version
of
> it was created that most people know as the program "Eliza". However, that
> program was a vastly cut down parody of the original Eliza that came from
MIT.

> So what you want to do is look for Eliza, as written in LISP and verify
that
> it contains all the right MIT origination info. The bigger problem will be
> running it, it will take getting ahold of a lisp interpreter, and perhaps
solving
> any incompatiblities with the Eliza program. However, Eliza is a famous
program,
> so chances are good someone has done that for you already.

> So you want "Eliza" not "Eliza", got it ?

> Say, do you have any psychological problems

> ?

> > you might want to look at RPG game engines, perhaps something's been
made in
> > that department?

> > Stephane Richard
> > Software Developer

> > > Please tell me about your problems with "decent AI conversation
program"

> > > ?

> --
> Warning: poster of this email may be under the influence of
> sleep inducing documents !

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:55:24 GMT
 AI program/source
[snip historical correct stuff about Eliza]

What he seems to want is a Eliza *SORT OF* Program which has to be
better than Eliza. I saw a Pascal implementation of a sort of eliza
program once ago, but it wasn't that brilliant and had soon memory
problems if you ffeded much more text into it's "knowledge base" since
it was real mode only with no EMS/XMS.

Greetings

Markus

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:49:48 GMT

1. AI program/source

2. Pascal AI source code!?!

3. Pascal AI source code

4. Need program for convert C++ source code to Pascal source code (Delphi)

5. AI

6. alguém ai fala minha lingua???

7. AI

8. AI routines in Pascal