Question about FPC under linux
Author Message
 Question about FPC under linux

Is there any wy to use eg printer.o object in kylix code?
I put {$L printer.o} but kylix screems about
bad symbols and unsatisfied external declarations.
Why should I do that? Because I did not find the way
how to print pure text to printer (NOT ps !) under kylix.

Tnx .

Sun, 16 May 2004 21:51:32 GMT
 Question about FPC under linux

Quote:

> Is there any wy to use eg printer.o object in kylix code?

Theoretically: Yes. Link the rest of the FPC RTL, but that would be pretty
much the same as calling an external program :-)

Quote:
> I put {$L printer.o} but kylix screems about
> bad symbols and unsatisfied external declarations.

That's right. A lot of proper Pascal structures (sets >32 bits elements,
64-bit multiplications/divisions, Classes, Dynamic Arrays, Ansistrings
 etc etc) need certain internal routines in the RTL to function.

You can see this by compiling a source in FPC while using the -a switch
and check the resulting code.

Quote:
> Why should I do that? Because I did not find the way
> how to print pure text to printer (NOT ps !) under kylix.

Try to compile the source under Kylix, and patch it if necessary. Even if the
.o was theoretically possible, it would still be easier to use the
(available in this case) source.

Tue, 18 May 2004 07:23:45 GMT
 Question about FPC under linux

Quote:

>> Is there any wy to use eg printer.o object in kylix code?

> Theoretically: Yes. Link the rest of the FPC RTL, but that would be pretty
> much the same as calling an external program :-)

>> I put {$L printer.o} but kylix screems about
>> bad symbols and unsatisfied external declarations.

> That's right. A lot of proper Pascal structures (sets >32 bits elements,
> 64-bit multiplications/divisions, Classes, Dynamic Arrays, Ansistrings
>  etc etc) need certain internal routines in the RTL to function.

> You can see this by compiling a source in FPC while using the -a switch
> and check the resulting code.

>> Why should I do that? Because I did not find the way
>> how to print pure text to printer (NOT ps !) under kylix.

> Try to compile the source under Kylix, and patch it if necessary. Even if
> the .o was theoretically possible, it would still be easier to use the
> (available in this case) source.

That was the only way ... :)

Cheers

Wed, 19 May 2004 02:26:47 GMT

1. FPC - linux question

2. FPC charset (linux) question

3. FPC (linux) question

4. FPC + RHIDE + Linux questions

5. multi threading in fpc linux?

6. Linux/PPC port of FPC working

7. Writing PNG in FPC for Linux, libpng available

8. FPC linking error under Linux ... cannot find GLU

9. Printing problem again FPC under linux

10. find small database for FPC linux

11. fpc and printer under linux

12. Zmodem in Linux with FPC?