Sound: MOD or XM player routine for Pascal TP7 Needed!!!
Author Message
 Sound: MOD or XM player routine for Pascal TP7 Needed!!!

I'm looking for a mod or xm player routinr for tp7. Preferably that
works in DPMI-mode, not neccesary though... I need it for a little
demo-project, just for fun, with a few friends...
I would prefer if there wasn't some bull in it, like when you start it,
it says 'me and we made this moduleplayer blah blah blah...', you'll get
greeted, don't worry.

Thankful for any reply (preferably mail) to me

Joke/dST

Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Fri, 06 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sound: MOD or XM player routine for Pascal TP7 Needed!!!

Quote:

> I'm looking for a mod or xm player routinr for tp7. Preferably that
> works in DPMI-mode, not neccesary though... I need it for a little
> demo-project, just for fun, with a few friends...
> I would prefer if there wasn't some bull in it, like when you start it,
> it says 'me and we made this moduleplayer blah blah blah...', you'll get
> greeted, don't worry.

> Thankful for any reply (preferably mail) to me

> Joke/dST

Hi Joke,

Checkout my homepage: there is a link about sound programming (playing
MODs, WAVs, MIDs, ... and also mixing with the SB: Pascal and C
sources).

http://sch-www.uia.ac.be/u/desmedt/index.html

Ciao Nico.

Sat, 07 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sound: MOD or XM player routine for Pascal TP7 Needed!!!

Quote:

>I'm looking for a mod or xm player routinr for tp7. Preferably that
>works in DPMI-mode, not neccesary though... I need it for a little
>demo-project, just for fun, with a few friends...
>I would prefer if there wasn't some bull in it, like when you start it,
>it says 'me and we made this moduleplayer blah blah blah...', you'll get
>greeted, don't worry.
>Thankful for any reply (preferably mail) to me
>Joke/dST

I am looking one too for TP7.
I have not seen any that works with TP7 yet...
Would be good if the routine can play S3M and XM as well as MODs.

Someone out  there has to have one I'm sure...

Reply me please...

Duffy

Wed, 11 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sound: MOD or XM player routine for Pascal TP7 Needed!!!

Quote:

> I'm looking for a mod or xm player routinr for tp7. Preferably that
> works in DPMI-mode, not neccesary though... I need it for a little

[snip]

Try the MIDAS sound system.  You can (hopefully) find a link to it
somewhere in the sound programming part of my homepage
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~deeng, programming stuff -> sound, which is the
only part that works right now).  If the link is broken, you can try the
MAZ sound page and look for trackers/players (I think it's
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).  I haven't looked at the recent versions of
MIDAS, but I do know that the older versions did support DPMI and TP.

--

"...Windows For Repeat Offenders..." -- Dave Barry In {*filter*}space

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sound: MOD or XM player routine for Pascal TP7 Needed!!!

Quote:

> Try the MIDAS sound system.  You can (hopefully) find a link to it
> somewhere in the sound programming part of my homepage
> (http://www.inficad.com/~deeng, programming stuff -> sound, which > is the
> only part that works right now).  If the link is broken, you can try
> the MAZ sound page and look for trackers/players (I think it's
> http://www.maz-sound.com).  I haven't looked at the recent versions of
> MIDAS, but I do know that the older versions did support DPMI and TP.

I'm also looking for a MOD/XM/S3M player for TP7.

I've tried MIDAS, (the older version that supports TP) but all I get is
an 'Unable to lock virtual DMA buffer' error. Is it incompatible with
win95?

I managed to get hold of the 'Tiny Mod' player, which comes with ASM
source, and have modified it enough make it usable through TP7. But it
loads the .mod file into conventional memory.

If anyone is interested, I can email them a copy, unless of course
somebody knows how to get MIDAS to work, or has found a good mod player
for TP7 that supports EMS/XMS/DPMI

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sound: MOD or XM player routine for Pascal TP7 Needed!!!

Quote:

>I'm also looking for a MOD/XM/S3M player for TP7.

>I've tried MIDAS, (the older version that supports TP) but all I get is
>an 'Unable to lock virtual DMA buffer' error. Is it incompatible with
>win95?

Um.. How about mailing me instead of complaining in newsgroups? :)

Anyway, the Virtual DMA support in MIDAS 0.40a is indeed incompatible with
Win95, but you can easily disable it. Simply set variable "useVDS" to 0,
after calling midasSetDefaults, but before calling midasInit.

And to think that I originally added VDS support to get MIDAS work better
under Windows.. Pooh. Oh well, there wasn't such a thing as Win95 at the
time MIDAS 0.40a was released, so I really couldn't test it there :) The
later versions don't have this problem, but they don't have any 16-bit
support either.

BTW, the screen synchronized timer in MIDAS 0.40a will probably crash
Win95 too, so take care.

Petteri (yes, I am one of the authors, and no, the 16-bit MIDAS isn't
maintained any more)

Fri, 13 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sound: MOD or XM player routine for Pascal TP7 Needed!!!

Quote:

>I'm also looking for a MOD/XM/S3M player for TP7.
>I've tried MIDAS, (the older version that supports TP) but all I get is
>an 'Unable to lock virtual DMA buffer' error. Is it incompatible with
>win95?
>I managed to get hold of the 'Tiny Mod' player, which comes with ASM
>source, and have modified it enough make it usable through TP7. But it
>loads the .mod file into conventional memory.
>If anyone is interested, I can email them a copy, unless of course
>somebody knows how to get MIDAS to work, or has found a good mod player
>for TP7 that supports EMS/XMS/DPMI

I have found MOD/XM/S3M player for TP7 finally....

It's description is:

Borland Pascal/Turbo Pascal 7.0
units and sources to link a
669/NST/MOD/MTM/S3M/XM player
for Sound Blaster Pro/16/AWE32
cards in your applications.

I have only one gripe with that.. It does not work in WIN95.
To get it to work you have to reboot to DOS.
If someone knows how to modify it to work in WIN95, please contact
me.. It would be great!!!

It can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.arosnet.se/demo/code/

as MODUNITS.ZIP

hope this help you guys... And also it would be fantastic if someone
can make it work in WIN95...

Duffy

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sound: MOD or XM player routine for Pascal TP7 Needed!!!

2. MOD,XM PLAYER IN PASCAL

3. MOD or XM player routine for Pascal TP7 Needed!!!

4. Mod/S3m/Xm/Music Player

5. searching for MOD/XM and ADLIB player for TP supporting GUS/SB

6. XM Module Player for TP7

7. WANTED! Module or xm player for TP7

8. TP7 MOD player for XMS?

9. Need .XM .MOD .S3M TPU testers!!

10. XM player and/or MIDI player source code

11. XM player and/or MIDI player source code

12. playing wav, mid, mod, xm files in pascal 7.0