Blackjack program
Author Message
 Blackjack program

On 14 Feb 1997 00:18:38 GMT, "Marc-Olivier Simard"

Quote:

>Help!

>I am a beginner in Pascal and I have to write a blackjack game. My problem
>is that I don't know how I should declare my variables (i.e. should I use a
>record, a set or whatever else) for shuffling cards and keeping track of
>those which have been already dealt. I know that I would use the command
>"data" If I had to write in basic but I can't figure out how to do the same
>in Pascal.

What I fail to see here is why such a "beginner" is getting such a
project, more than likely in a class.  If this person were to pay
attention in class (the person does have beginner knowledge), they
would more than likely see the solution to this program jump out at
them.  If this were a preliminary class assignment and this person did
pay attention and work, I would say that the teacher is nuts.

Anyway, just for the information of everyone else who may have this
question/problem, or this person (if they really are stuck).

Let's analyze what exactly a deck of playing cards is.  It is 54
cards.  Subtract 2 cards because jokers are not used in blackjack.
52 cards left.  The cards in each of the 4 suits go from 2-10,J,Q,K,
and A (13 of them).  13 different cards, 4 suits.

Now think: what's the attributes of a card?  What would we need to
know about ONE card?

I'm even feeling generous so i'll give you a clue:

var cardstorage: array[1..52] of cardtype;

Glenn Grotzinger
Web Page: http://www.*-*-*.com/
Writer of the Excellent Training Manual known as the TP Tutorial.
To email, if you hit the reply button, delete the {remove_this}
out of the replied message.  Just some protection from SPAM. :(

Sun, 01 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Blackjack program

Help!

I am a beginner in Pascal and I have to write a blackjack game. My problem
is that I don't know how I should declare my variables (i.e. should I use a
record, a set or whatever else) for shuffling cards and keeping track of
those which have been already dealt. I know that I would use the command
"data" If I had to write in basic but I can't figure out how to do the same
in Pascal.

Tue, 03 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Blackjack program

2. Blackjack program

3. Blackjack program

4. Thanks for the help; heres the blackjack program im turning in

5. Blackjack

6. Blackjack sourcecode for Delphi?

7. Blackjack

8. Blackjack Pascal code