passing procedures as arguments for another procedure in Turbo pascal
Author Message
 passing procedures as arguments for another procedure in Turbo pascal

Quote:
>Pascal running on our school's Unix system accepts procedures and
>functions as argument for other procedures and functions. However
>Turbo Pascal does not accept this. My question is : is there a
>pascal compiler for the PC that accepts this ????

It doesn't?  What version are you using?  v7 does, I'm pretty v6 did,
and I think v5.5 did.

--
BCNU
Daniel J. Wojcik

Tue, 02 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 passing procedures as arguments for another procedure in Turbo pascal

Quote:

>>Pascal running on our school's Unix system accepts procedures and
>>functions as argument for other procedures and functions. However
>>Turbo Pascal does not accept this. My question is : is there a
>>pascal compiler for the PC that accepts this ????

>It doesn't?  What version are you using?  v7 does, I'm pretty v6 did,
>and I think v5.5 did.

                  ^^^

Never used v5.5, but I can assure you that v5 _STILL DOES_.

For portability, which means that __I__ can recompile them elsewhere, on
another machine, I require that some of my programs, though nowadays
developed in V7, must be V5-compilable.  I keep a bootable DOS floppy,
with the core of V5 on it, in my pocket.

--

     http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/      Inbound E-mail is/was sticky.

Wed, 03 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. passing procedures as arguments for another procedure in Turbo pascal

2. passing procedures as arguments for another procedure in Tu

3. Passing values to Assembly procedures in Turbo Pascal

4. Passing a pointer to a procedure/function as a parameter in a procedure

5. Variable length argument list procedure?

6. Procedures with varying number of arguments

7. Declaring variable number of arguments in a function or procedure

8. assert10.zip Assert procedure for Turbo Pascal 4+

9. Turbo Pascal 5.5 Large Drive Function/Procedure

10. rdates10.zip Turbo Pascal File Functions and Procedures

11. Passing parameters to stored procedure.

12. Passing TMemoField as a TStringList parameter to a procedure