the exec command
Author Message
 the exec command

I'm writing a program and i need to use arj from it. i just dont know how!
can someone please help me with this.

/
  Richard Neidenmark

Thu, 01 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 the exec command

Quote:
> I'm writing a program and i need to use arj from it. i just dont know how!
> can someone please help me with this.

   First, this should have been posed in c.l.p.b, since Exec is
exclusively a Borland implementation.  Nonetheless, did you check the
manual...or the online help?  Since you know that Exec is what you need,
why not check the available information resources first?
   Then, if you can't get it to work for you, post the code you've tried,
and you'll get some help (in c.l.p.b).

Thu, 01 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 the exec command

Rikard Neidenmark schrieb:

Quote:
> I'm writing a program and i need to use arj from it. i just dont know how!
> can someone please help me with this.

>   Richard Neidenmark

   SwapVectors;
   Exec('C:\WHEREVER\ARJ.EXE','ANY*.ARJ -e');
   SwapVectors;

Exec needs that the program name is spelled correctly, probably you have to
search for the ARJ.EXE in the subdirectory hades. Pathname+ARJ.EXE is
necessary.
The second string in the Exec parameter list is simply the text which you
would enter in the C>ARJ    commandline as parameters.

SwapVectors is necessary because your own program runtime code (invisible to
the source code) links several DOS interrupt vectors into your application and
if the executed child program had an error it would not lead it to DOS, but
into your program. What to do with this?

You must guarantee that your program does not occupy all memory, so you have
to reduce the heap and stack size to your absolute minimum. There are
procedures to handle this in runtime, but they may be too complicated. So use
the
{$M $2000, $1000, $1000}
on top of your program, this is the easiest way.

Cheers, Franz Glaser, Austria,
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser

Fri, 02 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 the exec command

   >I'm writing a program and i need to use arj from it. i just dont
   >know how! can someone please help me with this.
Richard,
  I've got some source packed up around here on my system somewhere that
works using arj, lha, zip and I think arc/pak. Soon as I find it, I'll send
it to you.

From the Lost Coffers of Hemingway Online!

Net-Tamer V 1.10.1  - Test Drive

Fri, 02 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 the exec command

   >> I'm writing a program and i need to use arj from it. i just dont
   >>know how!  can someone please help me with this.
   >First, this should have been posed in c.l.p.b, since Exec is
   >exclusively a Borland implementation.  Nonetheless, did you check
   >the manual...or the online help?  Since you know that Exec is what
   >you need, why not check the available information resources first?
   >Then, if you can't get it to work for you, post the code you've
   >tried, and you'll get some help (in c.l.p.b).
Mike,
  FPK Pascal and TMT both support the EXEC and SPAWN commands, so it is
permissable here.

When in doubt about something, be honest and really confuse them :-)

Net-Tamer V 1.10.1  - Test Drive

Fri, 02 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pascal Exec command in Windows XP Environment

2. Turbo Pascal 7 Exec Command Trouble

3. exec command whit FPK Pascal

4. Help: Exec command with TPW 1.5

5. equivalant exec command in BP for BPW

6. Exec command v. Debugger

7. Exec Command problem

8. EXEC command p/o BP 7.0

9. Run EXEC Command in Window

10. Exec command help

11. EXEC command and WIN95

12. Using the Exec command to run Dos functions.