ANSI-ISO Web site, and Prospero info 
Author Message
 ANSI-ISO Web site, and Prospero info



Quote:
>Hi, I would like to remind readers that the ANSI-ISO Web site is open,
>at:

>           http://www.*-*-*.com/

Hi Scott.  I have visited your Web site and got some good info from
there.  I have been away from Pascal for some time now but I'm back,
now there there appears to be some decent Pascal compilers available
for OS/2.  I would love to find a site where I could get some code
snippets showing the Pascal usage with the OS/2 API.  Do you know of
any at all?

Quote:
>                                               [sam]

--

Bill Oconnor



Thu, 30 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 ANSI-ISO Web site, and Prospero info
Hi, I would like to remind readers that the ANSI-ISO Web site is open,
at:

           http://www.moorecad.com/pascal.html

It contains pointers or other information on various the ANSI-ISO
compatible compilers, the ANSI-ISO Pascal FAQ (including a complete
guide to the language), and other information.

Prospero Software has consented to provide us with a page on their
Pascal, which is the first and currently only complete implementation
of the extended Pascal standard. This will appear shortly.

We are also expecting the arrival of the complete ISO Pascal standards,
both extended and unextended shortly. They are being converted from
a word processing format.

As some may have noticed, I no longer post the ANSI-ISO Pascal FAQ.
This is because it is available on the WWW server. You can also get
it by FTP:

          ftp://ftp.moorecad.com/public/pascal

                                               [sam]



Thu, 30 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 ANSI-ISO Web site, and Prospero info

says...

Quote:



>>Hi, I would like to remind readers that the ANSI-ISO Web site is open,
>>at:

>>           http://www.moorecad.com/pascal.html

>Hi Scott.  I have visited your Web site and got some good info from
>there.  I have been away from Pascal for some time now but I'm back,
>now there there appears to be some decent Pascal compilers available
>for OS/2.  I would love to find a site where I could get some code
>snippets showing the Pascal usage with the OS/2 API.  Do you know of
>any at all?

That would of course be prospero Pascal, who has supported os/2 since
version 1.x. Unfortunately, if there are users out there of that
compiler, I have not seen them around. Anyone ?

If you are in serious pain to get something, I actually ran Pascal for
a while under os/2. This was ill fated (the compiler I used turned out
to be a dog). However, I generated two really basic programs, the
infamous "hello" example, and a graphics program that simply writes
an xoring pixel all over a window (creates more' type effects).

Basically, I did this by hand translating C examples into Pascal. The
compiler I was using had NO API library functions included, so I basically
rolled my own. The way that works is you make a header for each procedure/
function that you want to call, mark that external, then call it.
It relys on the Pascal you are using to have a calling convention that
roughly matches the OS/2 system call convention.

This is not for the faint of heart ! You really need to know the assembly
language and be prepared for the worst (sometimes you are going to have
to look at the assembly output for your program).

Prospero has done all that work for you (creating the API) as it should
be, which is probally the best feature of that compiler. But what I will
give you isn't going to look like that (or any other compiler for that
matter).

If interested, you can find both programs at the ftp site:

      ftp://ftp.moorecad.com/pub/moorecad/pascal

(is that a redundant address or what ?).

                                                   [sam]



Fri, 01 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 ANSI-ISO Web site, and Prospero info

Quote:




>>>Hi Scott.  I have visited your Web site and got some good info from
>>>there.  I have been away from Pascal for some time now but I'm back,
>>>now there there appears to be some decent Pascal compilers available
>>>for OS/2.  I would love to find a site where I could get some code
>>>snippets showing the Pascal usage with the OS/2 API.  Do you know of
>>>any at all?

>>That would of course be prospero Pascal, who has supported os/2 since
>>version 1.x. Unfortunately, if there are users out there of that
>>compiler, I have not seen them around. Anyone ?

>I've heard of the Prospero Pascal but never have seen it.  I am
>currently looking at VPascal and Speed/2 Pascal.

>>If you are in serious pain to get something, I actually ran Pascal for
>>a while under os/2. This was ill fated (the compiler I used turned out
>>to be a dog). However, I generated two really basic programs, the
>>infamous "hello" example, and a graphics program that simply writes
>>an xoring pixel all over a window (creates more' type effects).

>>Basically, I did this by hand translating C examples into Pascal. The
>>compiler I was using had NO API library functions included, so I basically
>>rolled my own. The way that works is you make a header for each procedure/
>>function that you want to call, mark that external, then call it.
>>It relys on the Pascal you are using to have a calling convention that
>>roughly matches the OS/2 system call convention.

>>This is not for the faint of heart ! You really need to know the assembly
>>language and be prepared for the worst (sometimes you are going to have
>>to look at the assembly output for your program).

>>Prospero has done all that work for you (creating the API) as it should
>>be, which is probally the best feature of that compiler. But what I will
>>give you isn't going to look like that (or any other compiler for that
>>matter).

>The compilers that I am testing both have very good library funtionality,
>I was just looking for some Pascal samples dealing with some of the more
>complex API calls.

>>If interested, you can find both programs at the ftp site:

>>      ftp://ftp.moorecad.com/pub/moorecad/pascal

>I'm interested.  I'll take a look.  Thanks.

>>(is that a redundant address or what ?).

>>                                                   [sam]

>--

>Bill Oconnor

I have been using prospero for a while (nothing really major)
The compilier is sound, provides full API support plus a util to convert
C header files into pascal. All in all if you want ISO pascal prospero
is the way to go, if you just want pascal use Speed!

Rob



Tue, 12 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. ANSI/ISO Pascal web site/FAQ

2. ANSI-ISO Pascal Web site

3. ANSI/ISO Pascal web page

4. ISO-ANSI pascal download

5. Looking for free ansi-iso PC based compiler

6. comp.lang.pascal.ansi-iso (Was: Re: Long filenames (windows 95))

7. Trans. TP4.0/5.0 to ANSI/ISO

8. New and improved: ANSI-ISO Pascal WWW page

9. ANSI-ISO PASCAL WWW PAGE

10. ANSI-ISO compilance test (was: GPC fails....)

11. *** ANNOUNCEMENT: ANSI-ISO PASCAL INFORMATION PAGE ***

12. Trans. TP4.0/5.0 to ANSI/ISO

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software