Help, With Quick Pascal - Curve Sketching
Author Message
 Help, With Quick Pascal - Curve Sketching

I am currently in Yr12. (last year) in school in NSW Australia.
I do 3Unit Computing studies, at school.

Our major assignment of the year is to make a program. ANY Program, and you
will be awarded marks for design, use, and programming skill.

I am very fimiliar with QUICK Pascal. and i have thought about this program
alot. I have made a descision that i will make a program, using pascal, that
will draw mathematical curves. (e.g. y=2x^2+6x-32)

I.E. in the form of   y = ax2 + bx + c   (quadratic equation, which produces
a parabola, where a, b, c are numbers)

Now, my idea is, that you enter in an equation (as the form above) and
create an array for a series of x and y values. Then, plotting the points,
forming a curve. The mathematics behind the program, is intense, but is not
hard. The problem i have, is to actually get the curve on the screen (with a
number plane) and showing all its main features (x,y intercetps, and vertex)

I havent actually started this project yet, (its due June 2000) but these
are my current thoughts. Seeing that you seem to know alot about using
graphics in pascal, can you please e-mail me back on any thoughts you may
have, reguarding this project, and weather it is possible, and any hints or
tips you can give me.

Thankyou for your time.
Please Reply.

-Daniel Yazbek

Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help,Help,Help,quick,quick

2. Help me on my MS Quick Pascal (Arrow keys)

3. Help,Help,Help,quick,quic

4. quick reports quick questions!

5. HELP: Need quick help with procedures!!

6. Wanted: RNG with bell-curve distro

7. Delphi Learning Curve

8. Koch:s curve - needed

9. CURVE FITTER WANTED!