Polynomial Curve Fitting
Author Message
 Polynomial Curve Fitting

I was wondering if anyone has written a Pascal routine for polynomial
(quadratic) curve fitting of an x-y data set?  If so, I'd deeply

Thanks,

- Matt Warfel

Mon, 20 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Polynomial Curve Fitting

Quote:

>I was wondering if anyone has written a Pascal routine for polynomial
>(quadratic) curve fitting of an x-y data set?

This is covered in most books on numerical maths. First address to look
at for questions like this is "Numerical Recepies in Pascal" by Press et
al.

Tue, 21 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Polynomial Curve Fitting

Quote:

> I was wondering if anyone has written a Pascal routine for polynomial
> (quadratic) curve fitting of an x-y data set?  If so, I'd deeply

> Thanks,

> - Matt Warfel

Hi

Have you had a look at 'Numerical recipes for Pascal'? They have a load
of fitting routines (and other math for that matter). The library should
have it (or it's equivalent in C or fortran, which would be more of a
hassle because of translation).

I would look there first, also because their routines _seem_ pretty well
tested (including rounding problems...). They also give a nice
introduction covering the some of the pitfalls in computer mathematics,
like precision, rounding, cumulation of errors, ...

Good luck.

Remco

Tue, 21 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Curve-fitting functions of 2 or more variables

2. Euclidian division of two polynomials

3. polynomial algorithm?

4. any ideas for polynomial algorithm?

5. HELP! polynomial regression 4th order

6. Program- Adding Polynomials

7. Program- Polynomials

8. HELP! turbo pascal polynomial regression

9. polynomial model of x,y data set rutine ?

10. Where does XML fit into my application?

11. Question: How to normalize TDBGrid grid cells to fit the width of their Client area

12. S: Fitting-Algorithmus (z.B. Least-Square)