making the blinking cursor dissapear
Author Message
 making the blinking cursor dissapear

Hello fellow Pascal freaks :-)

Can U help me out here?

I am making a pascal program with a window and a little character that runs
around in this window. The only problem I have is that I keep getting a
blinking cursor next to my "man".

Is there perhaps a piece of source or a unit or maybe a whole program that
makes the blinking cursor vanish?

Greetz

Da ViLNiuS

Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 making the blinking cursor dissapear

Quote:

> Is there perhaps a piece of source or a unit or maybe a whole program
> that makes the blinking cursor vanish?

Check this function:
procedure crsr(b:boolean); {hides/reveals the blinking cursor, depend on b}
var                        { if b is set 'true' then the cursor is on}
 regs:registers;           { if b is set 'false' then the cursor is off}
begin                      { BTW: you might need a 'uses dos' declaration}
 if b then
  begin
   regs.AH:=$01;
   regs.CH:=$6;
   regs.CL:=$7;
   intr($10,regs);
  end
 else
  begin
   regs.AH:=$01;
   regs.CH:=$20;
   regs.CL:=$20;
   intr($10,regs);
  end;
end;

Have fun!
          Ophir

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Blink speed of cursor/blink text

2. Blinking cursor in read-only DBMemo

3. Fast cursor blinking rate on fast machines?

4. Cursor blinks in BPW too fast in Win95

5. Blinking cursor

6. Blinking cursor in BPW7 Fix?

7. BPW: rapid cursor blinking

8. TPW fast cursor blink

9. blinking cursor in graphic mode.

10. Cursor Blink Rate / BPW-Win95 conflict

11. Hyper-speed cursor blink rate in BPW Editor on Pentium

12. Borland Pascal 7 affects Win95 Cursor Blink Rate