Ramdisk in TP
Author Message
 Ramdisk in TP

How can I create a ramdisk from within a Turbo Pascal program?
Or how can I load the RAMDRIVE.SYS program from within my TP program?

Thanks in advance!

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:38:00 GMT
 Ramdisk in TP

Quote:

> How can I create a ramdisk from within a Turbo Pascal program?
> Or how can I load the RAMDRIVE.SYS program from within my TP program?

> Thanks in advance!

RAMDRIVE.SYS can only be loaded from CONFIG.SYS upon bootup.

--
Val Mehling - anti-spam in effect.

http://home.earthlink.net/~valjm/
Libertarian for Bush * Cheney

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:01:39 GMT
 Ramdisk in TP
There are programs (like DEVICE.COM) which can load RAMDRIVE.SYS from the
command prompt. I would like to make the same kind of program in TP. But
don't know how to do it.

Quote:

> > How can I create a ramdisk from within a Turbo Pascal program?
> > Or how can I load the RAMDRIVE.SYS program from within my TP program?

> > Thanks in advance!

> RAMDRIVE.SYS can only be loaded from CONFIG.SYS upon bootup.

> --
> Val Mehling - anti-spam in effect.

> http://home.earthlink.net/~valjm/
> Libertarian for Bush * Cheney

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:50:23 GMT
 Ramdisk in TP

Quote:

>> How can I create a ramdisk from within a Turbo Pascal program?
>> Or how can I load the RAMDRIVE.SYS program from within my TP program?

>> Thanks in advance!

>RAMDRIVE.SYS can only be loaded from CONFIG.SYS upon bootup.

Seek FU_RD19G.ZIP, or similar, from an FTP site.  Installs from command
line.  Read the documentation before use.  I don't know whether it can
safely be EXECed.

Originator : read the Borland newsgroups guidelines, linked from my pas-
lnx1.htm; and the c.l.p.b mFAQ, and TSFAQP.  NGs re-ordered.

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:42:46 GMT
 Ramdisk in TP
Thanks. I found FU_RD19I.ZIP and I can execute it safely, but I would like
to create my own Ramdisk program. I have some assembler code to create a
ramdisk, but don't know how to use it in TP. Can someone help me?

Quote:

> >> How can I create a ramdisk from within a Turbo Pascal program?
> >> Or how can I load the RAMDRIVE.SYS program from within my TP program?

> >> Thanks in advance!

> >RAMDRIVE.SYS can only be loaded from CONFIG.SYS upon bootup.

> Seek FU_RD19G.ZIP, or similar, from an FTP site.  Installs from command
> line.  Read the documentation before use.  I don't know whether it can
> safely be EXECed.

> Originator : read the Borland newsgroups guidelines, linked from my pas-
> lnx1.htm; and the c.l.p.b mFAQ, and TSFAQP.  NGs re-ordered.

> --

MIME. ?

FAQ.

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:54:18 GMT

1. Ramdisk in TP

2. Differences between TP 6.00 & TP 6.01

3. Question: Backward compatibility TP 7.0 & TP 6.0

4. Help: adapting graphics from TP DOS to TP Windows

5. TP 7 vs. TP 7.01

6. Porting from TP for DOS 5.0 to TP for windows 1.5

7. Q: Incompatibilities between TP 6.0 and TP 7.0

8. tp-gls.zip Generalized least squares TP program

9. Differences Between TP 5.0 & TP 7.0

10. TP 6.0 Source -> TP 7.0 Error

11. StrPCopy and Copy in TP 1.5 Win and TP 7

12. Translating TP 3.0 to TP 7.0