FPC: no more linking problems
Author Message
 FPC: no more linking problems

I am glad to say that I have solved the linking problems (so far, and I
hope not see any linking errors the next few weeks/months). Actually
there are still some errors when trying to test svgalib, but I really
don't care any more, perhaps I will post it someday.
Joe, thanks for your list, but I don't have any of the files listed
there, so this was not the problem. But I will keep it (perhaps I will
need it later).

But I have another problem, and a remark.

The problem is probably a bit off-topic here, but I don't want to
search for some linux-newsgroup, just to post one question. But the
question has to do with the video-unit from FreePascal.
I have this program (from the FPC-manual):

program testvideo;

uses video, keyboard, vidutil;

    i : longint;
    k : TKeyEvent;

    for i := 1 to 10 do
      TextOut(i,i, 'Press any key to clear screen');

    k := GetKeyEvent;

    TextOut(1,1, 'Cleared screen. Press any key to end.');
    k := GetKeyEvent;

and the vidutil-unit (also from the manual, there is only one procedure:

Let's begin with the easy part: my remark.

The compiler writes:

testvideo.pas(7,5) Note: Local variable K is assigned but never used

Is it a bug? As I can see the variable is being used in the program.

And now the problem: I can't switch to text-mode with CTRL-ALT-Fx. To say
it in other words: it works, but linux doesn't switch to textmode, the
graphics mode remains and the desktop "freezes" and there are also some
strange lines at the top of the screen. I can then go back with ALT-F8.
So it seems I can't use the video-unit, because the unit doesn't work
under the KDE-shell (nothing happens there).

Does someone know how to solve this problem?

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 05:08:30 GMT

1. FPC:problem with printing from fpc programs

2. FPC linking error under Linux ... cannot find GLU

3. FPC: translate execvp from c to FPC

4. Some problem with FPC and Gtk

5. FPC - Socket Problem

6. FPC problems!

7. problems with Free Pascal Editor IDE for FPC

8. Problem with interfaces (FPC)

9. Printing problem again FPC under linux

10. fpc mysql.pp problem

11. FPC & BP- Set type problems

12. Invalid Pointer Operation after FPC 1.00 installation and an Ansistring problem