Problems
Author Message
 Problems

[ ASM.PAS 1K ]

I need the cr,tr and dr registers. Theese work only in protected mode,
as I heared. Now I need a fast data access, that means to switch to real
mode, to have an 32-bit offset at a seg. of 00000000h, where I don't have
to change the segments. The big problem is, how to make theese two work
together i.e. to make the CRs,DRs,TRs work in real somehow, or to have
32 bit offset in PM. Or to figure out, how to do VESA without bankswitching.
1)Any suggestions?

Another one: how to write the Pascal procedures getintvec and setintvec into
MASM. I have tried dos 25h,35h and the int 31h ax,201h.
I get a division by zero (?!?) and a reset.
2)Any suggestions?

I needed a good port/processor/memory documentation. The intels PDFs come
to me corrupted all the time.
3)Any suggestions?

4)Does anybody know anything about Hardware scrolling?

5)Is ayone able to find a bug in a gouraud triangle and is willing to find
  it?  (mail, i'll send you the source)

6)Are graphic characters really on 0000:007c?

7)Does anyone know a site, where a 32-bit C/pascal compiler with IDE under
  dos could be found?

8)Does anyone know, how to plot a 32k and higher colored pixels?

Fri, 03 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems

Quote:

> I need the cr,tr and dr registers. Theese work only in protected mode,
> as I heared. Now I need a fast data access, that means to switch to real
> mode, to have an 32-bit offset at a seg. of 00000000h, where I don't have
> to change the segments. The big problem is, how to make theese two work
> together i.e. to make the CRs,DRs,TRs work in real somehow, or to have
> 32 bit offset in PM. Or to figure out, how to do VESA without bankswitching.
> 1)Any suggestions?

Not entirely

Quote:
> Another one: how to write the pascal procedures getintvec and setintvec into
> MASM. I have tried dos 25h,35h and the int 31h ax,201h.
> I get a division by zero (?!?) and a reset.
> 2)Any suggestions?

Eh?

Quote:
> I needed a good port/processor/memory documentation. The intels PDFs come
> to me corrupted all the time.
> 3)Any suggestions?

How about the Interrupt Guide by Ray Brown?

Quote:
> 4)Does anybody know anything about Hardware scrolling?

SWAG / PCGPE

Quote:
> 5)Is ayone able to find a bug in a gouraud triangle and is willing to find
>   it?  (mail, i'll send you the source)

Send it on over

Quote:
> 6)Are graphic characters really on 0000:007c?

Dunno ;)

Quote:
> 7)Does anyone know a site, where a 32-bit C/pascal compiler with IDE under
>   dos could be found?

Search for FPK

Quote:
> 8)Does anyone know, how to plot a 32k and higher colored pixels?

32k = 16bit? => 2 bytes per pixel
64k = 16bit?
16M = 24/32 bit

--
Daniel Silverstone (Usually ;)

Look at the farstar Homepages on:
 http://www.farstar.demon.co.uk/

Try out Daniel's TPascal Page & Delphi 2.0 bits at
 http://www.farstar.demon.co.uk/Pascal/index.htm

Mail me & give comments (I know it's sparse ;)

Sat, 04 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please help with this problem!!ARRAY problem

2. Paradox problem on the NET - problem

3. Problems with decimals and anonther small problem

4. Memory problems (heap problems????)

5. DBGrid problem - difficult problem

6. Problem: BDE and Delphi5's ISX (Was: Re: Problem with Delphi 3 and ISX 1.11 on Windows NT / 2000)

7. KojakVGA problems (of course I could mail this to Scott Tunstall, but maybe so here knows the problem)

8. PROBLEM: Has this problem come up before? (Install Shield)

9. Borland Database Engine Locking Problem!!!! - bde problem.doc (1/1)

10. Borland Database Engine Locking Problem!!!! - bde problem.doc (0/1)

11. Date problem

12. MSAccess ODBC Windows2000: The network problem