XML in Freepascal
Author Message
 XML in Freepascal

Hi!

Is there any documentation and/or examples how to use xmlread and
xmlwrite? I see from source, that they have several procedures, but what
do they do, I can't exactly understand. Also there are some data types
that I am not familiar with.

I checked xmldump source and also the README in the XML directory, but
that didn't help much. The only thing I found from google were old mails
in fpc mailing list where there was also said that no documentation is
available.

So it would be nice if anyone would explain it to me a bit... or share
their working xml examples.

Why I am asking this? Well, I have one excercise in school, where I have
to convert element-orientated XML document into attribute-orientated
document. I thought I might do that in Pascal. I could do that also by
simply reading from a text file and write out a different text file, but I
thought it would be sensible to use some built-in functions...

Reaper

Sun, 09 Oct 2005 16:18:56 GMT
 XML in Freepascal
Hi,

I've got the same problem, too.

Holger

Imot Algma schrieb:

Quote:
> Hi!

> Is there any documentation and/or examples how to use xmlread and
> xmlwrite? I see from source, that they have several procedures, but what
> do they do, I can't exactly understand. Also there are some data types
> that I am not familiar with.

> I checked xmldump source and also the README in the XML directory, but
> that didn't help much. The only thing I found from google were old mails
> in fpc mailing list where there was also said that no documentation is
> available.

> So it would be nice if anyone would explain it to me a bit... or share
> their working xml examples.

> Why I am asking this? Well, I have one excercise in school, where I have
> to convert element-orientated XML document into attribute-orientated
> document. I thought I might do that in pascal. I could do that also by
> simply reading from a text file and write out a different text file, but I
> thought it would be sensible to use some built-in functions...

> Reaper

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 04:14:57 GMT

1. Getting SQL Server XML through ADO into Delphi

2. any component treats xml as a table?

3. Where does XML fit into my application?

4. XML Discussion

5. XML Parser

6. Syncing datasets via the internet using XML

7. ClientDataSet XML

8. TP4 vs FreePascal

9. File processing, locking with gpc and FreePascal

10. FreePascal and handheld terminals

11. FreePascal (FPC) and RHIDE

12. FreePascal unit for SMTP?