help with program needed please
Author Message
 help with program needed please

We are doing a Pascal project at college and we would require some help with
it.
The program is about a football league we have to input scores and fixtures,
amend them and offer a search facility to view the past scores for the
teams.

Could someone give us information on how to do the search facility. There
will be 12 teams. The scores that have been input will be saved into an
array. The search will give the user to search by home team or away team.

thanks in advance :o)

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 04:04:10 GMT
 help with program needed please

Quote:

> We are doing a pascal project at college and we would require some
> help with it.
> The program is about a football league we have to input scores and
> fixtures, amend them and offer a search facility to view the past
> scores for the teams.

> Could someone give us information on how to do the search facility.
> There will be 12 teams. The scores that have been input will be
> saved into an array. The search will give the user to search by
> home team or away team.

We don't do homework.  Post compilable source code that is your
best effort and someone may offer advice.

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:02:21 GMT
 help with program needed please

Quote:

>We are doing a pascal project at college and we would require some help with
>it.
>The program is about a football league we have to input scores and fixtures,
>amend them and offer a search facility to view the past scores for the
>teams.

>Could someone give us information on how to do the search facility. There
>will be 12 teams. The scores that have been input will be saved into an
>array. The search will give the user to search by home team or away team.

>thanks in advance :
> We are doing a pascal project at college and we would require some
> help with it.
> The program is about a football league we have to input scores and
> fixtures, amend them and offer a search facility to view the past
> scores for the teams.

> Could someone give us information on how to do the search facility.
> There will be 12 teams. The scores that have been input will be
> saved into an array. The search will give the user to search by
> home team or away team.

Your approach depends strongly on how you wish the output displayed
and how you wish to maintain the standings. There are numerous ways to
do this. Here is one possible outline.

Make a file of 12 records. Each record will contain the name of the
team and other fields. These team names can be loaded alone into an
array whose index is the same as the record number. Then you can SEEK
the record file by using the array index number to find the record you
want to display or modify.

You need to make a menu of some sort to select the action you wish to
perform.

Let us say one of these menu actions is "UPDATE SCORES".

In updating the scores, let us use the convention that the home team
is listed first, its score, the guest team then its score, example:

Reds 13 Browns 7

Parse this keyboard input to 4 variables. Scan the team name array and
to find the array index number of "Reds".  Use SEEK to read that
entire record to buffer1. Do the same for Browns to buffer2. Let the
program modify the next game scores in both record buffers. I assume
you want to have array fields that store the 2 scores and the opponent
RECORD NUMBER in both records. Now use SEEK to put both these modified
buffer records on the disk in the same space they came from.

This gives you enough data to display the league in any form you wish.

Have fun with your version!

Wed, 24 Nov 2004 05:14:32 GMT

1. Need help with Hailstone Sequence program please Help

2. HELP ME PLEASE I NEED HELP ON PROGRAMMING THIS>>>>|||

3. Need a new programming language..please help

4. Game Programming - Please Read I need your help!

5. Need HELP FINISHING PROGRAM (posted program) PASCAL

6. Help needed (running a program from a program).

7. Program Idea Please Please Please

8. Help needed (running a program from a program).

9. Program Idea Please please please

10. programming help **please help me** its not hard

11. HELP!!! please help with program

12. I need a programs PLEASE!!!!