How to use EMS/XMS memory in a program?
Author Message
 How to use EMS/XMS memory in a program?

Hi everyone.

I am going to make a program in BP7 that needs more memory than 640k, so
the heap won't be enough. Could anyone explain me how to use the ems
manager or use xms memory?

I know how to use pointers and direct memory access (ie.
mem[$a000:$0000]:=100)
And i know ems memory is addressed somewhere above $c000:0000, but i
that about it..

Could anyone help me with this?
Tnx in advance,
Tim (m/23/Netherlands, Europe)

Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use EMS/XMS memory in a program?

Quote:

> I am going to make a program in BP7 that needs more memory than 640k, so
> the heap won't be enough. Could anyone explain me how to use the ems
> manager or use xms memory?

Two suggestions:
1. download SWAG (search for it). It contains tons of ems/xms/bigmem
examples
2. use freePascal or virtual pascal. No need for EMS/XMS then.

  Erik.Hermann.vcf
< 1K Download

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I use EMS or XMS memory???

2. How du I use XMS/EMS memory?

3. Swapping programs to disk/XMS/EMS before EXEC

4. using expanded memory (EMS)

5. Shelling programs in TP7 using XMS

6. Can you use EMS or XMS for stack?

7. Need EMS/XMS source.

8. Easiest ems/xms pointers

9. Easy Ems/Xms access?

10. Need EMS/XMS source.

11. looking for ems/xms unit

12. Help needed using XMS in my programs..