Need a beginning Pascal textbook
Author Message
 Need a beginning Pascal textbook

Does anyone know of a good, beginner level book on Pascal programming?
I need something that a bright, computer-literate 11-year-old can study,
mostly on his own.  He'll be using a Borland Turbo Pascal compiler (v5.0)
along with the book, unless the book comes with a compiler.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Mon, 01 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Need a beginning Pascal textbook

Quote:

>Does anyone know of a good, beginner level book on Pascal programming?
>I need something that a bright, computer-literate 11-year-old can study,
>mostly on his own.  He'll be using a Borland Turbo Pascal compiler (v5.0)
>along with the book, unless the book comes with a compiler.

>Thanks in advance,
>Paul

Hello Paul!!  I don't think I know you but I work at Main Plant in
building 145...small world, huh?

For learning the syntax and details of standard Pascal, "OH, Pascal"
has always been a good one.  For Object Pascal, I just got a book called
"Object Oriented Programming in Pascal" (Conner, Niguidula, van Dam)
that looks quite good.  I bought it over at Barnes & Noble.  I haven't
read much of it yet, but it appears to be fairly comprehensive.
Plus the sample code is written in Borland Pascal for Windows.

Good luck!

Rich Frahm

Mon, 01 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Need a beginning Pascal textbook

:Does anyone know of a good, beginner level book on Pascal programming?

You might is to see the books of 1) Swan 2) Cooper in the
bibliography of

 78115 Mar 15 06:46 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/ts/tsfaqp23.zip
 tsfaqp23.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

   All the best, Timo

Professor Timo Salmi    Co-moderator of comp.archives.msdos.announce
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi archives (ftp:// http://) 193.166.120.5

Tue, 02 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. (newbie) textbook featuring extended pascal and object pascal

2. Textbooks Needed

3. Textbooks Needed

4. About beginning programing Pascal

5. Beginning Pascal Tutorial Part 7

6. Index of Beginning Pascal Tutorial Parts

7. Beginning Pascal Tutorial Part 3

8. Beginning Pascal Tutorial

9. Beginning Pascal Tutorial Part 21

10. Beginning Pascal Tutorial Part 19 (again)

11. Beginning Pascal Programmer (student)