Info on device driver development
Author Message
 Info on device driver development

Hi,

I am seeking info on how to develop a device driver in Pascal in
general and under delphi 3.0 in particular.

I would like to be able to sample from the microphone input socket of
my PC. The idea is to create a very simple A to D converter.
Portability is not currently an issue, it would only have to work on
the one machine. Obviously given some success I want to broaden it
applicability.

Advice and pointers to books, references, sample code would be much
appreciated.

Any specific tools required?

Many thanks.

Cobham Park, Downside Road                   http://www.*-*-*.com/
Cobham, Surrey, KT11 3LG, UK
# DISCLAIMER:
# All opinions expressed are solely those of the author and not Logica

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Info on device driver development

John S Glover schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am seeking info on how to develop a device driver in Pascal in
> general and under Delphi 3.0 in particular.

> I would like to be able to sample from the microphone input socket of
> my PC. The idea is to create a very simple A to D converter.
> Portability is not currently an issue, it would only have to work on
> the one machine. Obviously given some success I want to broaden it
> applicability.

> Advice and pointers to books, references, sample code would be much
> appreciated.

> Any specific tools required?

> Many thanks.

Look at VIREO.COM somewhere on the net. It is not suggested to write
Windows device drivers with Delphi. And DOS device drivers shall be
written in Assembly language at best.

also have a look at:
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Library/8014/tp.html

Franz Glaser, Austria
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. multiple device development

2. Newbie Looking for info on D2 Database development

3. Delphi Database Development (Book) Info

4. Delphi Database Development (Book) Info

5. Terak Web page in development, seeking info and hardware

6. Terak Web page in development, seeking info and hardware

7. Coding a device driver

8. I need to send a ctrl string to device driver

9. HELP: Sending ctrl string to device driver.

10. How to acces a device driver (DOS)

11. Text file device driver in Object Widows (need help)

12. How to access a device driver