Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40
Author Message
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40

Zeus for Windows Version 3.40 Now Released

The latest release of the Zeus for Windows Version 3.40 programmer's
editor is now available.

Features new to this release include:

  + Support for version control using the Microsoft Common
    Source Code Control (SCC API) interface. This allows
    seamlessly integration with 3rd party version control
    software like Microsoft Source Safe, CS-RCS, Perforce P4,
    PVCS etc.

  + Project workspace support

  + Enhanced code template support

  + New file navigator dialog

and much more. If you wish to find out more about this latest
release you can download the shareware version from the following
web page:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Jussi Jumppanen

Wed, 21 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40
Perhaps should have been posted to comp.lang.editor or
comp.lang.advertise ;-)

On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 22:29:30 -0000, Jussi Jumppanen

Quote:

--
Andi Jahja <andij at aonlippo dot co dot id>

Wed, 21 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40
On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 23:49:17 GMT, Andi Jahja
Quote:

>Perhaps should have been posted to comp.lang.editor or

                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
>comp.lang.advertise ;-)

nah, that way it would only attract people to vi ;)

--
Jules Alberts

Fri, 23 May 2003 15:44:42 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40

Quote:

> On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 23:49:17 GMT, Andi Jahja

> >Perhaps should have been posted to comp.lang.editor or
>                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >comp.lang.advertise ;-)

> nah, that way it would only attract people to vi ;)

Vi is not an editor but a SM tool.

--

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40

Quote:
> Perhaps should have been posted to comp.lang.editor or comp.lang.advertise
> ;-)

related or oriented products is allowed by the charter of this newsgroup. I
seem to recall that Zeus "does" Clipper.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40

Quote:

> > Perhaps should have been posted to comp.lang.editor or comp.lang.advertise

> related or oriented products is allowed by the charter of this newsgroup. I
> seem to recall that Zeus "does" Clipper.

Yes indeed Zeus does do clipper along with almost any other programming
language :)  By this I mean Zeus is quite happy running and managing the
clipper/harbour command line compilers and can it be easily configured
for clipper syntax highlighting.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows, Win32 (Brief, WordStar, Emacs) Text Editor

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40
On Mon, 04 Dec 2000 22:04:30 -0000, Jussi Jumppanen

Quote:

>> > Perhaps should have been posted to comp.lang.editor or comp.lang.advertise

>> related or oriented products is allowed by the charter of this newsgroup. I
>> seem to recall that Zeus "does" Clipper.

>Yes indeed Zeus does do clipper along with almost any other programming
>language :)  By this I mean Zeus is quite happy running and managing the
>clipper/harbour command line compilers and can it be easily configured
>for clipper syntax highlighting.

It seems like I downloaded the trial version to test it, but found
that after figuring how to interface it to my compiler/linker (which
took an nearly an hour) I decided to wait until the next day to
continue my testing.

Lo and behold, none of my setting had been saved, which meant that I
had to start all over. Anyway I just got frustrated and deleted the
files.  Never did find anyway to save my settings.

About a year later I downloaded another (newer) copy of Zeus, and
found it still doesn't save the settings.

So if I (for the third time) download Zeus, will I be able to "lock"
my settings in?

Quote:
>Jussi Jumppanen
>Author of: Zeus for Windows, Win32 (Brief, WordStar, Emacs) Text Editor

Steve
----
due to SPAM robots, I no longer post my e-mail address

Sat, 24 May 2003 11:12:51 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40
On Mon, 04 Dec 2000 19:26:53 -0000, Marco van de Voort

Quote:

>> On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 23:49:17 GMT, Andi Jahja

>> >Perhaps should have been posted to comp.lang.editor or
>>                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> >comp.lang.advertise ;-)

>> nah, that way it would only attract people to vi ;)

>Vi is not an editor but a SM tool.

you misspelled "emacs" as "vi" :)

--
Jules Alberts

Sat, 24 May 2003 15:34:38 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40
On Mon, 04 Dec 2000 19:26:56 -0000, Dave Pearson

Quote:

>> Perhaps should have been posted to comp.lang.editor or
>> comp.lang.advertise ;-)

>Clipper related or oriented products is allowed by the charter of
>this newsgroup. I seem to recall that Zeus "does" Clipper.

(as you may have noticed i'm a vim entiousiastic)

if anybody cares for a clipper 5.3 syntax file for vim, i'll mail it
to you (the one that comes with vim is for 5.2). btw there's no
problem running a compiler (or any external program) from vim.

--
Jules Alberts

Sat, 24 May 2003 15:44:42 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40

Quote:

> On Mon, 04 Dec 2000 19:26:53 -0000, Marco van de Voort

> >> On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 23:49:17 GMT, Andi Jahja

> >>                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> >> nah, that way it would only attract people to vi ;)

> >Vi is not an editor but a SM tool.

> you misspelled "emacs" as "vi" :)

No. Emacs is not an editor either, but not an SM-tool.

It is more like an OS :-)

--

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40

Quote:

> On Mon, 04 Dec 2000 19:26:53 -0000, Marco van de Voort

> >Vi is not an editor but a SM tool.

> you misspelled "emacs" as "vi" :)

No, he misspelled "and emacs are" as "is".

Richard

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40

Quote:

> It seems like I downloaded the trial version to test it, but found
> that after figuring how to interface it to my compiler/linker (which
> took an nearly an hour) I decided to wait until the next day to
> continue my testing.

All you need to do is create a document type for clipper using the
editor options menu and then in this document type define the keywords
for colorizing and in the compiler section just add the command line
that you would use to compile a clipper file. Something like:

  clipper $fn

where $fn represents the current file being edited and will be
automatically updated by Zeus. But make sure the compiler is
in the system path (ie the compiler can be run from a stock
standard MS-DOS command line prompt).

Failing that there is also the Zeus online help that has more details
on how to set up the compiler

Quote:
> Lo and behold, none of my setting had been saved, which meant that I
> had to start all over. Anyway I just got frustrated and deleted the
> files.  Never did find anyway to save my settings.

All the settings are stored against the document type. If you open
a document type, change it and then try to close it without hitting
the apply button Zeus ask if you want to save the changes.

Quote:
> About a year later I downloaded another (newer) copy of Zeus, and
> found it still doesn't save the settings.

I am not sure what you mean by this? The shareware version is
identical to the release version, except for the shareware nag
screen on startup, and it has no limitations on saving settings.

Quote:
> So if I (for the third time) download Zeus, will I be able to "lock"
> my settings in?

Yes. If not send me an e-mail.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows, Win32 (Brief, WordStar, Emacs) Text Editor
"The C/C++, Java, HTML, Pascal, Cobol, fortran programmer's text editor"
http://www.zeusedit.com

Sun, 25 May 2003 08:13:20 GMT
 Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.40

Quote:
> Perhaps should have been posted to comp.lang.editor or
> comp.lang.advertise ;-)

Last one is obviously a joke, but not sure about the first one.  I found
comp.editor but not comp.lang.editor -- is my server missing a newsgroup?

--

-- // Steve //

Steve Silverwood
Knowledgebase Manager, dBASE Inc.

Web: http://www.dbase.com

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.60

2. Ann: Zeus Programmers Editor V3.60

3. Zeus Editor

4. ANN: TCompress v3.52 released

5. Find the Best prices on Delphi Books - Searches 40+ Book sites for the best price

6. clpb Mini-FAQ V1.40 - Essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

7. Delphi & Watcom SQL 40

8. Announcement - UVE v1.40 (sprite animation lib) released.

9. Announcement - UVE v1.40 (sprite animation lib) released.

10. Pascal BOOKS [40% off]

11. Programmer's Editor

12. = Programmer's Text Editor