Help with two arrays of records
Author Message
 Help with two arrays of records

I have tried to send this yesterday too, but I am not sure it got actually
posted, so here it is again.

I have two arrays of records, one with students data and another one with
information about courses. If I want to register a new student to a course,
how can I combine the two arrays into one? So far I've only worked with one
item, never with two and I don't know how to go about it... Will I have to
create a third array of records, combining the two or what other way can I
achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:30:13 GMT
 Help with two arrays of records
Why exactly do you want to "connect" these arrays?  To connect a student
record with a course record?  To relate a course(s) to a student I might add
a ID field to your student record and a Student_ID field to your course
record.   You can look through your course array for all course records that
have a particular Student_ID value.

Quote:
> I have tried to send this yesterday too, but I am not sure it got actually
> posted, so here it is again.

> I have two arrays of records, one with students data and another one with
> information about courses. If I want to register a new student to a
course,
> how can I combine the two arrays into one? So far I've only worked with
one
> item, never with two and I don't know how to go about it... Will I have to
> create a third array of records, combining the two or what other way can I
> achieve this?

> Thanks in advance

> --

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:09:48 GMT

1. help with two arrays of records

2. Two D array help needed.

3. help adding and deleting records from arrays

4. Array and Records help!!

5. Array record: HELP!!!!

6. //Help with an array of records in BASM//

7. adding/deleting records from array of records in .dat file

8. Need help saving a record with arrays.

9. need helping sorting arrays of records

10. Adding two multi-dimensional arrays

11. Two arrays of 45 kb. each

12. Creating two-dimensional arrays in Delphi 1