pascal and automake?
Author Message
 pascal and automake?

I'm trying to convert a large project that was done in C, assembly, and
Pascal across platforms.  I would like to use automake and libtools in
order to regenerate the Makefiles depending on the operating system
(i.e., SunOS, Solaris, Linux, etc).

Can anyone point me to some URLs that show how to do this?  Searches in
the search engines are coming up dry.

Can anyone point me to a generic makefile that uses GCC and GPC?

Thanks.

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 06:10:49 GMT
 pascal and automake?

Quote:

> I'm trying to convert a large project that was done in C, assembly, and
> Pascal across platforms.  I would like to use automake and libtools in
> order to regenerate the Makefiles depending on the operating system
> (i.e., SunOS, Solaris, Linux, etc).

> Can anyone point me to some URLs that show how to do this?  Searches in
> the search engines are coming up dry.

> Can anyone point me to a generic makefile that uses GCC and GPC?

GPC has an automake feature, i.e. if you compile with the
`--automake' option, it will automatically (re-)compile all
units/modules used when necessary. It will also compile C,
assembler, etc. files linked in with a `{$L foo.c}' directive (but
if you prefer, you can also link them from the command line).

So, you should be able to use a conventional Makefile for the C and
assembler parts and put in a single rule the Pascal part (or one for
each executable), calling `gpc --automake ...', and depending on all
the Pascal sources...

Frank

--

PGP and GPG keys:           http://fjf.gnu.de/plan
Pascal code, BP CRT bugfix: http://fjf.gnu.de/programs.html

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:22:57 GMT

1. How can a EXE automake some DOCs?... Look THIS!

2. STL for Pascal and Object Pascal

3. Prospero Pascal, and Friends of Pascal

4. Pascal & Pascal+BASM programs

5. Kompatibilit?t von Turbo Pascal und Topspeed Pascal

6. Help With Pascal Iwant to call C function from Pascal

7. STL for Pascal and Object Pascal

8. Prospero Pascal, and Friends of Pascal

9. Pascal question from non-Pascal programmer

10. Linking C in Turbo Pascal or Borland Pascal?

11. (newbie) textbook featuring extended pascal and object pascal