Adding data files to EXE's
Author Message
 Adding data files to EXE's

Hi Guys...

I have seen quite a few queries in this list regarding adding some kind
of data to an executable,

and utilizing it from there...

I developed something for most recent request (Something about Docs in
EXE's).

The executable reads in the data file, attaches it to an executable, and
includes a pointer

for the starting point of the data in the exe. It's a pretty handy
facility, and anyone seeking

the source to this are welcome to mail me. Timo...perhaps I could place
it somewhere,

if you think it's worth it...

Regards

James Burroughs

ARS Administrator

Service desk / Hulpburo (7I5G)

Information Technology / Inligtings Tegnologie

Telkom S.A.

ph      : +27(012)311-4280 (Service Desk)

ph      : +27(012)311-2461 (Direct)

Fax     : +27(012)324-4478

Pager   : +27(012)341-7607 Code:24342

Tue, 07 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding data files to EXE's
   Hi, I would like to obtain a copy of the source you mentioned on
comp.lang.Pascal.misc about adding data files to EXE's... thanks and email

Fri, 10 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding data files to EXE's
i'd like it too

thanks a bunch

says...

Quote:

>Hi Guys...

>I have seen quite a few queries in this list regarding adding some kind
>of data to an executable,

>and utilizing it from there...

>I developed something for most recent request (Something about Docs in
>EXE's).

>The executable reads in the data file, attaches it to an executable, and
>includes a pointer

>for the starting point of the data in the exe. It's a pretty handy
>facility, and anyone seeking

>the source to this are welcome to mail me. Timo...perhaps I could place
>it somewhere,

>if you think it's worth it...

>Regards

>James Burroughs

>ARS Administrator

>Service desk / Hulpburo (7I5G)

>Information Technology / Inligtings Tegnologie

>Telkom S.A.

>ph      : +27(012)311-4280 (Service Desk)

>ph      : +27(012)311-2461 (Direct)

>Fax     : +27(012)324-4478

>Pager   : +27(012)341-7607 Code:24342

Sat, 11 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding data files to EXE file - HELP!

2. Help adding self-checksum data to an EXE/COM

3. Help adding self-checksum data to an EXE/COM

4. adding of icon in to exe file

5. Adding word to EXE-file

6. add programm to beginning of a exe file.

7. IndexDefs.Add('Help','Please',[ixD2WorksGreat, ixD3Errors])

8. Appending exe to exe file

9. Problem: can't read data from file

10. dBase files: data in some columns doesn't show

11. IS Express can't find BDE's DATAPUMP.EXE

12. GPF's when running multiple exe's against a DB