PASCAL/C program that WORK ON SOME COMPUTER(486) but not all computers
Author Message
 PASCAL/C program that WORK ON SOME COMPUTER(486) but not all computers

I have a program that is written in Microsoft Pascal Ver 4.0 and
Microsoft C Ver 5.1 with some assmbly lang functions to increase
speed or to control input devices.

The program supposed to work on any IBM PS/2 Model 30 386
with 512K of memory.  However when the program was copied to 486
computers it works on some but not the others (program launches
and hangs).

Does anyone knows where the problem lies?

The program is already in the exe form and there is no source
codes avialable.  Is there any way that the program can be
decompiled?

Somebody plaese help.

Fri, 01 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PASCAL/C program that WORK ON SOME COMPUTER(486) but not all computers

Quote:

>I have a program that is written in Microsoft Pascal Ver 4.0 and
>Microsoft C Ver 5.1 with some assmbly lang functions to increase
>speed or to control input devices.

>The program supposed to work on any IBM PS/2 Model 30 386
>with 512K of memory.  However when the program was copied to 486
>computers it works on some but not the others (program launches
>and hangs).
>Does anyone knows where the problem lies?

If it uses graphical mode,it could be that abillity to cope with new
videocards.
You could try to install VESA driver on pc's that program doesn't work with,
this will probably solve any graphical errors.

regards
-je-
--

www  : http://www.sn.no/home/janeik/
ftp  : ftp.sn.no/user/janeik/

Fri, 01 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PASCAL/C program that WORK ON SOME COMPUTER(486) but not all computers

Quote:

> I have a program that is written in Microsoft Pascal Ver 4.0 and
> Microsoft C Ver 5.1 with some assmbly lang functions to increase
> speed or to control input devices.

> The program supposed to work on any IBM PS/2 Model 30 386
> with 512K of memory.  However when the program was copied to 486
> computers it works on some but not the others (program launches
> and hangs).

> Does anyone knows where the problem lies?

> The program is already in the exe form and there is no source
> codes avialable.  Is there any way that the program can be
> decompiled?

> Somebody plaese help.

You can't decompile your program to C/PASCAL/BASIC Etc.
But you can decompile your program to Assembly using de{*filter*}.

I recommend Turbo De{*filter*} - he is very easy.
Using de{*filter*} you can step/trace instruction and usually you can
DE - BUG with it too ...

If you don't know ASM you should beg to some of those Assemly-Men
out there...

hoped I helped ,
                Reuven Nof.

Mon, 04 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Computer ---->Computer

2. Get date from computer to use in pascal program

3. Since win95, turbo pascal 7 dos programs lock computer

4. 486 code for graphics programming

5. 486 or pentium programming...

6. Running Dephi database programs on another computer

7. 39A7AAC3A Cool computer program

8. Syncing a game program to the computer clock...

9. Need help with running programs on a fast computer

10. Program of TESTING COMPUTER SOFTWARE Conference (TCS'99)

11. Problem running BP7 programs on new computers