Array of string don't->compiler error

fpc 1.0.6 Linux 2.4.19.

tnx

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:41:20 GMT
 How to declare dynamic array in fpc ??

Quote:

> Array [0..something] of string works
> but
> Array of string don't->compiler error

Dynarrays are only supported in the development version, not in the 1.0.x
series.  Same for interfaces, default parameters and a lot of other "newer"
Delphi features.

Dispinterfaces are still not supported.

The development branch has been quite usable and stable till the beginning
of summer, but currently is problematic due to heavy changes needed for the
various new supported processors in that branch (PPC, m68k and Sparc are
being worked on, with various rates of progress)

The development version will probably be only released next year, and
probably will make a full point jump to 2.0 (since large parts of the
compiler are effectively rewritten).

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:41:56 GMT
 How to declare dynamic array in fpc ??

Quote:

>> Array [0..something] of string works
>> but
>> Array of string don't->compiler error

> Dynarrays are only supported in the development version, not in the 1.0.x
> series.  Same for interfaces, default parameters and a lot of other
> "newer" Delphi features.

> Dispinterfaces are still not supported.

> The development branch has been quite usable and stable till the beginning
> of summer, but currently is problematic due to heavy changes needed for
> the various new supported processors in that branch (PPC, m68k and Sparc
> are being worked on, with various rates of progress)

> The development version will probably be only released next year, and
> probably will make a full point jump to 2.0 (since large parts of the
> compiler are effectively rewritten).

Is there any way to get that relative stable branch from beggining of the
summer ?

tnx

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:58:42 GMT
 How to declare dynamic array in fpc ??

Quote:

>>> Array [0..something] of string works
>>> but
>>> Array of string don't->compiler error

>> Dynarrays are only supported in the development version, not in the 1.0.x
>> series.  Same for interfaces, default parameters and a lot of other
>> "newer" Delphi features.

>> Dispinterfaces are still not supported.

>> The development branch has been quite usable and stable till the beginning
>> of summer, but currently is problematic due to heavy changes needed for
>> the various new supported processors in that branch (PPC, m68k and Sparc
>> are being worked on, with various rates of progress)

>> The development version will probably be only released next year, and
>> probably will make a full point jump to 2.0 (since large parts of the
>> compiler are effectively rewritten).

> Is there any way to get that relative stable branch from beggining of the
> summer ?

No, but I would compile the development CVS from time to time, and keep it
when it works decently. It is usable, just not always in compilable state.

Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:30:27 GMT
 How to declare dynamic array in fpc ??

Quote:

>>> Dynarrays are only supported in the development version, not in the
>>> 1.0.x
>>> series.  Same for interfaces, default parameters and a lot of other
>>> "newer" Delphi features.

>>> Dispinterfaces are still not supported.

>>> The development branch has been quite usable and stable till the
>>> beginning of summer, but currently is problematic due to heavy changes
>>> needed for the various new supported processors in that branch (PPC,
>>> m68k and Sparc are being worked on, with various rates of progress)

>>> The development version will probably be only released next year, and
>>> probably will make a full point jump to 2.0 (since large parts of the
>>> compiler are effectively rewritten).

>> Is there any way to get that relative stable branch from beggining of the
>> summer ?

> No, but I would compile the development CVS from time to time, and keep it
> when it works decently. It is usable, just not always in compilable state.

so how can I get it ? :)

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:35:30 GMT
 How to declare dynamic array in fpc ??

Quote:

>>> Is there any way to get that relative stable branch from beggining of the
>>> summer ?

>> No, but I would compile the development CVS from time to time, and keep it
>> when it works decently. It is usable, just not always in compilable state.

> so how can I get it ? :)

There are daily snapshots on the main FTP server, and one could CVS update
the sources daily, and test with it. (See development part of website)

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 03:24:34 GMT
 How to declare dynamic array in fpc ??

Quote:

>>> No, but I would compile the development CVS from time to time, and keep
>>> it when it works decently. It is usable, just not always in compilable
>>> state.

>> so how can I get it ? :)

> There are daily snapshots on the main FTP server, and one could CVS update
> the sources daily, and test with it. (See development part of website)

tnx

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:13:04 GMT

1. How to declare an Array with alphabets insteads of numbers

2. Need to declare a large array

3. Declaring Local Arrays

4. Dynamic code in protected mode (FPC)

5. Dynamic code in protected mode (FPC)

6. dynamic array

7. Dynamic array in database

8. How to store dynamic array to memofield?

9. Dynamic Type array

10. Dynamic Array puzzle

11. dynamic arrays

12. Memory access; relative position (dynamic array)