Bloodshed Dev-Pas v1.2 question
Author Message
 Bloodshed Dev-Pas v1.2 question

Hi, all:

I'm new to Pascal programming, so please bare with me if my question is
dumb.  :-)

What does the error message "Only one source file supported.. - Error
executing file, you may have compiler error or maybe the compiled file
is a unit" mean??  That happened when I open up sample .pas files from
TurboPascal.  How can I distinguish a compilable .pas from unit file??

Bing

  bhchen.vcf
< 1K Download

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Bloodshed Dev-Pas v1.2 question

Quote:

> What does the error message "Only one source file supported.. - Error
> executing file, you may have compiler error or maybe the compiled file
> is a unit" mean??  That happened when I open up sample .pas files from
> TurboPascal.  How can I distinguish a compilable .pas from unit file??

A unit starts with the keyword "unit" followed by the name of the unit
and a semi-colon.

But your main problem is probably that {*filter*}shed Dev-Pas is based on a
*very* old version of the Free Pascal Compiler (0.9.5 I believe, which
is about 3 years old or so). I don't know whether it's possible to
upgrade the compiler seperately from the IDE with that package, but if
it is, you should be able to get around most problems by installing FPC
1.0 over it.

More info can be found at < http://www.*-*-*.com/ >. We now also
bundle our own IDE (fp.exe), but it's still in beta (unlike the compile
itself, which is release quality)

Jonas

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Bloodshed Dev-Pas v1.2 question
although the IDE may be still in beta stages, I activily use it.
for me it is already more than good enough..

Quote:

> > What does the error message "Only one source file supported.. - Error
> > executing file, you may have compiler error or maybe the compiled file
> > is a unit" mean??  That happened when I open up sample .pas files from
> > TurboPascal.  How can I distinguish a compilable .pas from unit file??

> A unit starts with the keyword "unit" followed by the name of the unit
> and a semi-colon.

> But your main problem is probably that {*filter*}shed Dev-Pas is based on a
> *very* old version of the Free Pascal Compiler (0.9.5 I believe, which
> is about 3 years old or so). I don't know whether it's possible to
> upgrade the compiler seperately from the IDE with that package, but if
> it is, you should be able to get around most problems by installing FPC
> 1.0 over it.

> More info can be found at < http://www.*-*-*.com/ >. We now also
> bundle our own IDE (fp.exe), but it's still in beta (unlike the compile
> itself, which is release quality)

> Jonas

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Bloodshed Dev-Pas v1.2 question

Quote:

>although the IDE may be still in beta stages, I activily use it.
>for me it is already more than good enough..

It seems the IDE has improved, at least the editor field.

At least the wordstar block commands are fixed, and the editor is much more
stable under Linux.

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dev-Pas v1.2

2. Bloodshed Dev-Pascal error message - please help

3. Dev-Pascal v1.0 error

4. bloodshed

5. Bloodshed site?

6. Looping question in Turbo Pascal 7.0 - Temperat.pas (0/1)

7. Looping question in Turbo Pascal 7.0 - Temperat.pas (1/1)

8. NEWBIE QUESTION: Adding Self-Generated Function to a .PAS

9. Question: A BAS>PAS convertor?

10. What's wrong with this .pas please help - grabar.pas (0/1)

11. What's wrong with this .pas please help - grabar.pas (1/1)

12. Including other *.pas in main.pas?