toggling data lines on parallel port
Author Message
 toggling data lines on parallel port

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to toggle the the data lines 0 - 7 on a parallel
port.
I can do it in basic, but cannot, for some unknown reason, do it in turbo
Pascal.
please could someone give me a helping hand.

much appreciated.

--
Dudley LeRoux
Technical Support

Tue, 24 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 toggling data lines on parallel port

Please include the sourcecode so we can help you.

--
From Vinson ABS.
"In two words, im-possible."

Please use Fixed Fonts like System to view this page.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to find out how to toggle the the data lines 0 - 7 on a
parallel
> port.
> I can do it in basic, but cannot, for some unknown reason, do it in turbo
> pascal.
> please could someone give me a helping hand.

> much appreciated.

> --
> Dudley LeRoux
> Technical Support
> Multimedia Warehouse
> +27-31-3033681

Thu, 26 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 toggling data lines on parallel port

Quote:
>Hi,
>I'm trying to find out how to toggle the the data lines 0 - 7
>on a parallel port.

I think the Pascal word you need is 'Port', but you'll need an
address, too. I'm not sure how well standardized the address is
across the many variants of the pc.

You may also be interesed in...

<quotation from elsewhere on net....>

Quote:
>Briefly, this software runs in DOS and controls
>and monitors a parallel port (LPT1, LPT2, LPTM).
>The 8 input and 8 output bits appear as large bright/dim rectangles
>on the screen so you can see bits across the classroom. The input bits
>are all 'fixed' so that the two ports appear as one 8-bit input port
>using pins 10 thru 17. F keys can be used to turn output bits on or off
>or blink them. I have a lot more to this but it'll be a while before I
>get the other parts of the package cleaned up (I have a graphical
>state-table sequencer etc. for sequencing and control). To play with
>this get:
>http://homepages.together.net/~tking/parport.zip
>I KNOW this ain't Well Done, but maybe it's Rare enough to be helpful.
>I will get some docs together soon, including pointers to lots of good
>detailed parallel port resources.
>--
>Regards,  Terry King  ...In The Woods In Vermont
>          Equipment Engineer
>          Little Castle Studio
>          Box 633 2173 Shelburne Road
>          Shelburne, Vermont 05482

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/TK_Boyd/homepage.htm
Freeware, shareware for IBM type pcs. Ideas for parents, teachers

Thu, 26 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 toggling data lines on parallel port

try http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ih/doc/par/data.html - Ian Harries shows how
to I/O in a number of languages ..

my page has a great deal of material relating to parallel port control and
data acquisition using C ..

Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 toggling data lines on parallel port

simple dimple moronic easy
port[$378]:=BITVALUES!!!!!
does lpt1, substitute 378 as needed!

Thu, 09 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. BE: Re: parallel port for data acquisition

2. parallel port for data acquisition

3. Need help with getting data from parallel port

4. Parallel port for data acquisition....Continue!

5. toggle switch-convert uppercase to lowercase by a toggle switch

6. Parallel port control

7. Reading a parallel port

8. Redefine the parallel port?

9. Parallel port success!!!!