Help needed (running a program from a program).
Author Message
 Help needed (running a program from a program).

The ususal way to do something like this would be to use Exec
Here is a code fragment I found in a book so it should work ok (I
havent tested it)

program parent;
{$M 1024,0,0}

uses dos

begin
        swapvectors;
        Exec('child.exe','command line arguments');
        swapvectors;
end;

Hope this helped

Dave

Quote:
>I have been working on this for a while, and cannot figure it out.  I
>am writing this program that calls another application, and when it
>is finished, it needs to return to the main menu.

>The problem is, is that when it gets to the part that runs the
>program, the program is not run.  It simply returns to the menu.

>Code available upon request.

>Ben Doyle

Tue, 19 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help needed (running a program from a program).

2. Need help with running programs on a fast computer

3. Need HELP FINISHING PROGRAM (posted program) PASCAL

4. Running sub-programs in TP6/TP7 programs

5. Make a program that runs a program

6. How run a program.exe at the end of a pascal program

7. Delphi CGI Problem - CGI Program Only Runs When Delphi Also Runs

8. Emergency Help Needed: C2pascal program needed

9. Help: Opening files into a running program from Explorer

10. Help - Error found when running a program

11. HELP: running a TP program under Mac emulator

12. Run a program help?