Think Pascal and OS 8.6
Author Message
 Think Pascal and OS 8.6

We have used Think Pascal for years to introduce students to programming,
once it was impossible to run the interpreter Macintosh Pascal on systems
with 32 bits addressing.
Symantec posted (n  a public directory) a 4.5 unsupported version of Think
Pascal. When system 8.5 came out, Think Pascal had also problems! A patch
(ValidDate) was supposed to permit the use of the compiler with the new
system. However, this patch seems to be only effective under system 8.5.x
but under 8.6 as soon as  a project is closed and another one opened or
even after quitting Think Pascal and reopening it, the computers freeze (we
tested iMacs, PM8500, PM 6100, PM 5200, PowerBook G3 all under 8.6 french;
all machines exhibit the same behaviour: freezing after the second launch
of Think Pascal).

The new academic year begins at the end of the month (september) and we
need a solution! Shifting to CodeWarrior seems a little bit too complicated
for our students...

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Think Pascal and OS 8.6

Quote:

> The new academic year begins at the end of the month (september) and we
> need a solution! Shifting to CodeWarrior seems a little bit too complicated
> for our students...

I really don't know about a quick solution, except for downgrading to a
previous version of the MacOS. There is a project udner way to port the
Free Pascal Compiler to the MacOS, but it's still far from complete (it
will easily take still half a year, if not more).

Jonas

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. FA: Virtual Pascal for OS/2, RexxVIM for OS/2

2. THINK PASCAL VS TURBO PASCAL.

3. Visual Pascal for OS/2, now at Pascal Central

4. Visual Pascal for OS/2, now at Pascal Central

5. similar to think pascal

6. (Think) Pascal for Linux?

7. Clear Screen in THINK Pascal 4.0 (Mac)

8. THINK/Lightspeed Pascal IDE

9. THINK Pascal--Documentation

10. Help THINK Pascal procedure Note(Freq,Ampl,Duration) on MAC

11. THINK Pascal for PC?