Problem with video memory in Win32
Author Message
 Problem with video memory in Win32

I use the following instructions in Go32v2 mode:

DosMemGet($B800, 0, frame, 3999);
DosMemPut($B800, 0, frame, 3999);

How can I obtain the same result if I want to compile my program in Win32
mode?

Thu, 15 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with video memory in Win32

Quote:

>I use the following instructions in Go32v2 mode:

>DosMemGet($B800, 0, frame, 3999);
>DosMemPut($B800, 0, frame, 3999);

>How can I obtain the same result if I want to compile my program in Win32
>mode?

You can't that way. You'll have to use the win32 API functions for console
management (which can read from screen).

Check the Windows version of the Crt unit as example.

Thu, 15 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with video memory in Win32

Quote:

> >I use the following instructions in Go32v2 mode:

> >DosMemGet($B800, 0, frame, 3999);
> >DosMemPut($B800, 0, frame, 3999);

> >How can I obtain the same result if I want to compile my program in Win32
> >mode?

> You can't that way. You'll have to use the win32 API functions for console
> management (which can read from screen).

> Check the Windows version of the Crt unit as example.

Using your advices, I looked for win32 API. In \api directories of my
compiler (FPC 1.0) I found "video.inc" and "video.pas". I tried to
understand the procedures and functions, but I didn't manage to.

Searching in Crt (under win32) I saw in ClrScr that the procedure
ScrollConsoleScreenBuffer is used to
make the screen scroll.
I think I need something similar to write the screen, but I've no idea on
how to read from it.

Could you make me an example, or tell me where I can find some, or tell me
where I can find a documentation (in PDF files I've in the FPC distribution
I didn't find
anything about this)?

Thanks in advance

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with video memory in Win32

Quote:

> >I use the following instructions in Go32v2 mode:

> >DosMemGet($B800, 0, frame, 3999);
> >DosMemPut($B800, 0, frame, 3999);

> >How can I obtain the same result if I want to compile my program in Win32
> >mode?

> You can't that way. You'll have to use the win32 API functions for console
> management (which can read from screen).

> Check the Windows version of the Crt unit as example.

Using your advices, I looked for win32 API. In \api directories of my
compiler (FPC 1.0) I found "video.inc" and "video.pas". I tried to
understand the procedures and functions, but I didn't manage to.

Searching in Crt (under win32) I saw in ClrScr that the procedure
ScrollConsoleScreenBuffer is used to
make the screen scroll.
I think I need something similar to write the screen, but I've no idea on
how to read from it.

Could you make me an example, or tell me where I can find some, or tell me
where I can find a documentation (in PDF files I've in the FPC distribution
I didn't find
anything about this)?

Thanks in advance

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. FPC Win32 memory mapped files for IPC

2. FPC Win32 memory mapped files for IPC

3. Using video memory in fpk for linux

4. video memory ?

5. Video Memory

6. Video Memory..

7. Video memory

8. Video memory

9. NEED MAJOR HELP (VIDEO MEMORY)

10. Writing in video memory

11. Puting FAST text - Direct Video Memory Access.

12. Writing to video memory