ANNOUNCE: Free-NET
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: Free-NET

Hi,

  after Mirosoft create .NET , it's time to answer

  have a look to:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

  to read more about it

mfg

  aotto :)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:24:41 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Free-NET
Yes, but how does this have anything to do with Microsoft .NET?
Interfacing different languages via a message queue thru stdin/stdout? I
do not understand how you can compare that with Microsoft's .NET
technology. The core of .NET is the Common Language Runtime, and there
is already a competitor for this: it's called the Java platform :-)
Please elaborate on how you plan to implement a .NET equivalent.

Gerhard H?ring

Quote:

--
Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.

web:     http://highqualdev.com

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:05:39 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Free-NET

Quote:
> Yes, but how does this have anything to do with Microsoft .NET?
> Interfacing different languages via a message queue thru stdin/stdout? I
> do not understand how you can compare that with Microsoft's .NET
> technology. The core of .NET is the Common Language Runtime, and there
> is already a competitor for this: it's called the Java platform :-)
> Please elaborate on how you plan to implement a .NET equivalent.

This looks really dumb (or is it just me?) why can't you use the commands
with out giveing them to some server? is this a really dodgy multi threading
with out multi threadding?(sort of the art of fighting with out fighting? :)

also what is this .net crud that is the "new" buzzword.. some one mentioned
it.. and I can't remember what he said :) some thing about a new message que
to replace interprocess communications or some thing? but it's for multi
computers or some thing?

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:50:29 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Free-NET

Quote:
> Yes, but how does this have anything to do with Microsoft .NET?
> Interfacing different languages via a message queue thru stdin/stdout?
> do not understand how you can compare that with Microsoft's .NET
> technology. The core of .NET is the Common Language Runtime, and there
> is already a competitor for this: it's called the Java platform :-)
> Please elaborate on how you plan to implement a .NET equivalent.

> Gerhard H?ring

> > Hi,

> >   after Mirosoft create .NET , it's time to answer

> >   have a look to:

> >     http://home.t-online.de/home/aotto/mqcon_E.html

> >   to read more about it

Hi,

  you arr right, MqCon isn't the answer its the way MqCon was written
    ==> CO-Process
  MqCon is just an example on how to glue together "MqSeries" with
  TCL based on the CO-Process architecture

mfg

  aotto :)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:30:49 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Free-NET

Hi,

  the goal is the time you have to spend to write such an extension,
  The CO-Process based implementation taks some days, the full
  native implementation in TCL would take weeks or months.
  ( just remember how difficult it is to write an DB wrapper for
    a language )

  on of the main features is that you write the CO-Process one
  time and can reuse it for every language again and this is an
  big improvement.

mfg

  aotto :)

Quote:
> This looks really dumb (or is it just me?) why can't you use the
commands
> with out giveing them to some server? is this a really dodgy multi
threading
> with out multi threadding?(sort of the art of fighting with out
fighting? :)

> also what is this .net crud that is the "new" buzzword.. some one
mentioned
> it.. and I can't remember what he said :) some thing about a new
message que
> to replace interprocess communications or some thing? but it's for
multi
> computers or some thing?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:36:17 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Free-NET
I do agree that wrapping C language libraries to scripting languages or
other HLL is a task that's far from pleaseant. But

1) mqSeries doesn't seem to be free (not even free in the GNU sense, to
which I happen to not agree, but just the €€€ sense of free). That's
euro :-)
2) I am in the process of interfacing a large C library to Ada, and
sometimes I wish there was a COM equivalent for Unix. Then this would be
a non-issue.
3) Even going the heavyweight way of using CORBA IDL seems to be easier
than writing a wrapper for each scripting langage. At least you only
have to write the wrapper once and it is guaranteed to work for each
language that has a CORBA mapping. Personally I do not believe in
automatic conversion la SWIG, c2ada and the like.

I am just starting to fiddle with CORBA, though. But I rather like it.
Give me a CORBA implementation that connects code written in two
different languages in in-process, and we can even forget about .NET
altoghether. That would be the absolute killer, but I do not know if
this would even be possible.

Gerhard

Quote:

--
Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.

web:     http://highqualdev.com

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:24:07 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Free-NET

Quote:
> I am just starting to fiddle with CORBA, though. But I rather like it.
> Give me a CORBA implementation that connects code written in two
> different languages in in-process, and we can even forget about .NET
> altoghether. That would be the absolute killer, but I do not know if
> this would even be possible.

ILU - Inter-Language Unification

ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html

--

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:10:12 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Free-NET

Quote:
> 2) I am in the process of interfacing a large C library to Ada, and
> sometimes I wish there was a COM equivalent for Unix. Then this would

Well, there is Bonobo. Check out
http://www.helixcode.com/tech/bonobo.php3 . It says its related to GNOME
somehow, so I'm not sure if GNOME is required to use it or not. It does
look like it requires GTK+ though.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:01:40 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Free-NET

Quote:

>> 2) I am in the process of interfacing a large C library to Ada, and
>> sometimes I wish there was a COM equivalent for Unix. Then this would

>Well, there is Bonobo. Check out
>http://www.helixcode.com/tech/bonobo.php3 . It says its related to GNOME
>somehow, so I'm not sure if GNOME is required to use it or not. It does
>look like it requires GTK+ though.

Bonobo is the object framework for gnome. That is presumably why it requires
GTK+.

Greetings,

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:14:35 GMT

1. Announcing *** FREE *** Oracle Tools

2. |Announce| Free Pascal 0.99.5c for AmigaOS

3. |Announce|: Free Pascal 0.99.5c for AmigaOS

4. ANNOUNCE: GraphiX v6.00b - Free Graphics-Library for BP 7.0

5. ANNOUNCE: GraphiX v6.00b - Free Graphics-Library for BP 7.0

6. Announce: Free Pascal (FPK Pascal) 0.99.0

7. Announce: Free Pascal (FPK Pascal) 0.99.0

8. Announce: PASJPEG - free Pascal JPEG library

9. Free, free programmer!!!

10. Free Delphi Resource, 1,000+ Delphi Apps for Free

11. Announce: New Delphi Components Site & Free Newsletter [Amendment]

12. Shareware announce: ChimneySweep 1.0 **free evaluation version** supports Paradox-7!