Graphic Vision 2.10 released 
Author Message
 Graphic Vision 2.10 released


I Wrote:

 > >I am proud to announce the public release of Graphic Vision, beta version

Quote:
> >2.10.

> Good.

> But, with a Newsgroups list like that, the Path suggests that you use
> the Demon news server, rather than a Borland one as Borland say, for
> borland.public.turboPascal.  Those who collect b.p.t from Borland and
> don't collect the other groups will not see your post.  There's a one-
> way leak from Borland to Usenet.

Yes, I realize this. However, it's Borland who are at fault. News servers are
after all supposed to be  global talking shops. I refuse to bow to Borlands
interepretation of what the world is supposed to be like. Just imagine if
every newsgroup was like those of Borlands. Newsnet would be dead within 6
months. It's time they changed their news server setup to bring it in line
with the rest of the world.

Quote:
> However, Borland don't like cross-posts.

Neither do I normally, but they do have their use sometimes.

Quote:
> Therefore I have re-ordered the newsgroups line on this post, to ensure
> that it is posted into Demon and hence that you can see it.

Thanks John. Let us hope the whole 'net doesn't end up in corporate hands.

Jay

Jason Burgon - Author of "Graphic Vision"
Professional Win95-style GUI for DOS/DPMI
*** New version 2.10 available from: ***
http://www.*-*-*.com/



Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Graphic Vision 2.10 released

Quote:
> Jason Burgon a crit :

> > I am proud to announce the public release of Graphic Vision, beta version
> > 2.10.
> > A fully functional evaluation, as well as precompiled example programs are
> > now available for download from my website:

> >   http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > Version 2.10 adds:

> >    Long file name (LFN) support (still in beta)
> >    Improved multi-lingual application support
> >    JPEG and PCX decoding
> >    Improved frames and scrollbars
> >    Many "internal" improvements
> Any plan on porting this to Linux?

There would be no point in porting it to Linux as it stands since it is a
16-bit library. The first step towards a Linux port would therefore be a port
to 32-bit DPMI using FreePascal. This I am seriously considering.

The thing that's holding me back the most though is FP's lack of a Turbo
De{*filter*} style de{*filter*}. I am not going to work my way through a 3-4 thousand
lines of 16-bit assembler plus 35-40 thousands lines of Pascal without a first
rate development environment.

--
Jay

Jason Burgon - Author of "Graphic Vision"  GUI for DOS/DPMI
=== Free LFN capable Dos/WinDos replacement and ===
=== New Graphic Vision  version 2.10 available from:  ===
http://www.*-*-*.com/



Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Graphic Vision 2.10 released

Quote:
> I sure wish this had been for the C++ version, not PASCAL.  Any chance
> you'll port to C++?

My next job is a 32-bit port to FreePascal and/or other 32-bit Pascal
Compiler[s]. However, if there are enough C++ programmers interested in it I
might then produce a 32-bit C++ version.

--
Jay

Jason Burgon - Author of "Graphic Vision"  GUI for DOS/DPMI
=== Free LFN capable Dos/WinDos replacement and ===
=== New Graphic Vision  version 2.10 available from:  ===
http://www.jayman.demon.co.uk



Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Graphic Vision 2.10 released

Quote:

>> >   http://www.*-*-*.com/

>> > Version 2.10 adds:

>> >    Long file name (LFN) support (still in beta)
>> >    Improved multi-lingual application support
>> >    JPEG and PCX decoding
>> >    Improved frames and scrollbars
>> >    Many "internal" improvements

>> Any plan on porting this to Linux?

>There would be no point in porting it to Linux as it stands since it is a
>16-bit library. The first step towards a Linux port would therefore be a port
>to 32-bit DPMI using FreePascal. This I am seriously considering.

>The thing that's holding me back the most though is FP's lack of a Turbo
>De{*filter*} style de{*filter*}. I am not going to work my way through a 3-4 thousand
>lines of 16-bit assembler plus 35-40 thousands lines of Pascal without a first
>rate development environment.

Debugging IS possible under the FPC IDE, but it is indeed not yet as bugfree
and smooth as TPs.

The FPC developpers do it often. It is even possible to debug the ide from
the ide, while it is compiling the ide, and you can also trace through the
RTL, not only your own program.

(though that eats 80 MB of memory though, and therefore isn't possible under
dos :-)

I would say give it a try :-)



Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Graphic Vision 2.10 released


Quote:
> >> Any plan on porting this to Linux?

> >There would be no point in porting it to Linux as it stands since it is a
> >16-bit library. The first step towards a Linux port would therefore be a
port
> >to 32-bit DPMI using FreePascal. This I am seriously considering.

> >The thing that's holding me back the most though is FP's lack of a Turbo
> >De{*filter*} style de{*filter*}. I am not going to work my way through a 3-4
> >thousand lines of 16-bit assembler plus 35-40 thousands lines of Pascal
> >without a first rate development environment.

> Debugging IS possible under the FPC IDE, but it is indeed not yet as
> bugfree and smooth as TPs.

Not that TP's de{*filter*}s are entirely bug free, but they are is more than
useable.

Quote:
> The FPC developpers do it often. It is even possible to debug the ide from
> the ide, while it is compiling the ide, and you can also trace through the
> RTL, not only your own program.

> (though that eats 80 MB of memory though, and therefore isn't possible under
> dos :-)

> I would say give it a try :-)

Ok, Thanks for the info Marco. I will give it a try. Presumably the FP
de{*filter*} is an on-going development, and I would therefore be better off using
the latast IDE "snapshot"?

Jay
--

Jason Burgon - Author of "Graphic Vision"  GUI for DOS/DPMI
=== Free LFN capable Dos/WinDos replacement and ===
=== New Graphic Vision  version 2.10 available from:  ===
http://www.*-*-*.com/



Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Graphic Vision 2.10 released

Quote:



>> >> Any plan on porting this to Linux?

>> >There would be no point in porting it to Linux as it stands since it is a
>> >16-bit library. The first step towards a Linux port would therefore be a
>port
>> >to 32-bit DPMI using FreePascal. This I am seriously considering.

>> >The thing that's holding me back the most though is FP's lack of a Turbo
>> >De{*filter*} style de{*filter*}. I am not going to work my way through a 3-4
>> >thousand lines of 16-bit assembler plus 35-40 thousands lines of Pascal
>> >without a first rate development environment.

>> Debugging IS possible under the FPC IDE, but it is indeed not yet as
>> bugfree and smooth as TPs.

>Not that TP's de{*filter*}s are entirely bug free, but they are is more than
>useable.

FP is usable, but not comfortable. But you can get used to it, by taking
some more precautions (like saving etc)

Quote:
>> The FPC developpers do it often. It is even possible to debug the ide from
>> the ide, while it is compiling the ide, and you can also trace through the
>> RTL, not only your own program.

>> (though that eats 80 MB of memory though, and therefore isn't possible under
>> dos :-)

>> I would say give it a try :-)

>Ok, Thanks for the info Marco. I will give it a try. Presumably the FP
>de{*filter*} is an on-going development, and I would therefore be better off using
>the latast IDE "snapshot"?

Also keep an eye on the -gl (or -glh) option. I use it even more than the
de{*filter*}. It provides unit name + linenumber call-traceback in case of an crash.


Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Graphic Vision 2.10 released
Great. Im in pascal programming over 10 years now and have lots of own
units too for every damn :) aim. Continue your good work. Long live pascal.
M.Z.

Jason Burgon schrieb:

Quote:


> > Jason Burgon a crit :

> > > I am proud to announce the public release of Graphic Vision, beta version
> > > 2.10.
> > > A fully functional evaluation, as well as precompiled example programs are
> > > now available for download from my website:

> > >   http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > > Version 2.10 adds:

> > >    Long file name (LFN) support (still in beta)
> > >    Improved multi-lingual application support
> > >    JPEG and PCX decoding
> > >    Improved frames and scrollbars
> > >    Many "internal" improvements

> > Any plan on porting this to Linux?

> There would be no point in porting it to Linux as it stands since it is a
> 16-bit library. The first step towards a Linux port would therefore be a port
> to 32-bit DPMI using FreePascal. This I am seriously considering.

> The thing that's holding me back the most though is FP's lack of a Turbo
> De{*filter*} style de{*filter*}. I am not going to work my way through a 3-4 thousand
> lines of 16-bit assembler plus 35-40 thousands lines of Pascal without a first
> rate development environment.

> --
> Jay

> Jason Burgon - Author of "Graphic Vision"  GUI for DOS/DPMI
> === Free LFN capable Dos/WinDos replacement and ===
> === New Graphic Vision  version 2.10 available from:  ===
> http://www.*-*-*.com/



Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 11 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Graphic Vision 2.10 released

2. Graphic Vision 2.11 released

3. Graphic Vision 2.11 released

4. ANN: Graphic Vision II released

5. ANN: Graphic Vision II released

6. gvsg2102.zip - Graphics Vision & Tools 2.10: MKM's graphic TV

7. GNU Pascal 2.1 released

8. GNU Pascal 2.1 released

9. Object Vision 2.1

10. gvision.zip - Graphics Vision 2.01: TV 2.0 in true graphics

11. INFO - GraphiX 2.10 for FreePascal

12. INFO - GraphiX 2.10 for FreePascal

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software