intalling gnu pascal - help
Author Message
 intalling gnu pascal - help

I downloaded:

djdev203.zip
gpc-2.1.i586-pc-msdosdjgpp.zip
bnu2112b.zip

I think that's the minimum I need.

I read all the docs I can find  including all manuals
on the home site and faqs but I can not figure out what the
procedure is to install. I am using Win2k.

If any knowledgeable person would indulge me
I need step-by-step instructions that include the
answers to the questions below:

what's the directory strucure?
what gets extracted to where?
Usually there's a path I need in the autoexec.bat(?)
I see this below in the manual: (please explain - I don't understand)  THANKS

"For DJGPP you must edit your `djgpp.env' in the `DJGPP' directory
to complete the installation: Please copy the entries from `[gcc]' to create
a new `[gpc]' section.
The result may look as follows:

[gcc]
COMPILER_PATH=%/>;COMPILER_PATH%%DJDIR%/bin
LIBRARY_PATH=%/>;LIBRARY_PATH%%DJDIR%/lib

[gpc]
COMPILER_PATH=%/>;COMPILER_PATH%%DJDIR%/bin
LIBRARY_PATH=%/>;LIBRARY_PATH%%DJDIR%/lib

If you are using the DJGPP version of GPC but do not
have a `DJGPP' directory, please download and install
DJGPP (see section 5.1 Where and what to download).

Binary distributions include `libgcc.a' and `specs',
files that are normally part of GCC. If you have GCC
installed, they will be replaced unless you manually
install the archive."

Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:50:40 GMT
 intalling gnu pascal - help

Quote:

> I downloaded:

> djdev203.zip
> gpc-2.1.i586-pc-msdosdjgpp.zip
> bnu2112b.zip

> I think that's the minimum I need.

> I read all the docs I can find  including all manuals
> on the home site and faqs but I can not figure out what the
> procedure is to install. I am using Win2k.

Get readme.1st from the delorie site.  get a decent unzipper - DO
NOT use winzip or pkunzip.  Put the zip files in the c:\djgpp\
directory (usual location) and unzip. Done.
You will want more.

Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:21:28 GMT
 intalling gnu pascal - help
...snip....

| Get readme.1st from the delorie site.  get a decent unzipper - DO
| NOT use winzip or pkunzip.  Put the zip files in the c:\djgpp\
| directory (usual location) and unzip. Done.
| You will want more.

Thanks, I will try to intall and report back if ques.

You said above I will "want more".

What extras do you recommend I get?
I just want to do text file processing at this time.

Thanks for the help.

| --

|    Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
|    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:30:11 GMT
 intalling gnu pascal - help
Ok, I tried but gnu Pascal it's not my cup of tea.
If only I could keep my turbo pascal and have regex too.
I have been exec"ing" out with turbo to a vi command line
and using vi's regex but it's tricky.

I'll try Free Pascal - the seem to have regex.

| ...snip....
| |
| | Get readme.1st from the delorie site.  get a decent unzipper - DO
| | NOT use winzip or pkunzip.  Put the zip files in the c:\djgpp\
| | directory (usual location) and unzip. Done.
| | You will want more.
|
| Thanks, I will try to intall and report back if ques.
|
| You said above I will "want more".
|
| What extras do you recommend I get?
| I just want to do text file processing at this time.
|
| Thanks for the help.

| |
| | --

| |    Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
| |    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!
| |
| |

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:59:43 GMT

1. help GNU pascal install

2. Problems compiling with GNU Pascal, help needed!

3. Help: Configuring and Building GNU pascal

4. help gnu pascal

5. Help with command-line args in GNU Pascal

6. Simple Help with GNU Pascal

7. Turbo Pascal to GNU Pascal

8. GNU Pascal 2.1 released

9. Full-featured debugger, and pretty-printer, for GNU Pascal (gpc)

10. Freepascal vs GNU-Pascal

11. GNU Pascal 2.1 released

12. GNU pascal binaries for Windows