FLOCK for DOS FPC?
Author Message
 FLOCK for DOS FPC?

Here's the dilema:

I'm using FLOCK (Linux UNIT) to lock files right now.

What I need is a way to do this under DOS.

*OR* better yet, a way to lock individual records in files.

Thanks,

--
Geoff Rivell
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 FLOCK for DOS FPC?

Quote:

>Here's the dilema:

>I'm using FLOCK (Linux UNIT) to lock files right now.

>What I need is a way to do this under DOS.

>*OR* better yet, a way to lock individual records in files.

Locking under Dos goes via share.exe. (which is a TSR that hooks int 2F, but
every windows after 3.x has it build in)

Check out SWAG (www.gdsoft.org) for 16-bit examples, which should be
upgradable to FPC in a breeze.

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:37:31 GMT
 FLOCK for DOS FPC?

Quote:

> Locking under Dos goes via share.exe. (which is a TSR that hooks int 2F,
> but every windows after 3.x has it build in)

> Check out SWAG (www.gdsoft.org) for 16-bit examples, which should be
> upgradable to FPC in a breeze.

Thanks!  Will check it out.
SWAG is just too amazing.  Too bad it isn't updated anymore :(

Would be neat if someone restarted it.

--
Geoff Rivell
http://eoe.sourceforge.net/

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. FPC and crashing DOS IDE

2. FPC (DOS) and (n)curses

3. Prob: FPC Installation on "DOS 7"

4. How to use rhide and FPC under DOS

5. FPC:problem with printing from fpc programs

6. FPC: translate execvp from c to FPC

7. Timer in DOS, running in a DOS-Box of Win95

8. DOS or Windows? (Please say DOS)

9. BP7/DOS in Win95 DOS Box - IOResult problems

10. FPC Win32 memory mapped files for IPC

11. multi threading in fpc linux?

12. Port to FPC, - advice needed please.