using TPU units in FreePascal
Author Message
 using TPU units in FreePascal

hi

I have switched from Borland Pascal 7.0 to Free Pascal to be able to use
extended memory. Is it possile to use TPU files in Free Pascal in some
way ?

thanx
Thomas

Sun, 16 May 2004 21:17:28 GMT
 using TPU units in FreePascal

Quote:

> hi

> I have switched from Borland Pascal 7.0 to Free Pascal to be able to use
> extended memory. Is it possile to use TPU files in Free Pascal in some
> way ?

No. TPU files are 16-bit.

Sun, 16 May 2004 21:40:31 GMT
 using TPU units in FreePascal
Is it possible to convert these to a 32-bit PPU ? or do I need the
sources ?

thanx
Thomas

Quote:

> > hi

> > I have switched from Borland Pascal 7.0 to Free Pascal to be able to use
> > extended memory. Is it possile to use TPU files in Free Pascal in some
> > way ?

> No. TPU files are 16-bit.

Mon, 17 May 2004 23:34:53 GMT
 using TPU units in FreePascal

Quote:

> Is it possible to convert these to a 32-bit PPU ? or do I need the
> sources ?

No, yes, respectively. And if they do dirty 16-bit stuff the sources even
need modification.

16-bit code (memory model actually) is totally different from 32-bit code,
and most of the data needed for a proper conversion was lost in the
compilation process.

Tue, 18 May 2004 07:20:37 GMT

1. FreePascal unit for SMTP?

2. IDEA unit in FreePascal?

3. Documentation of FreePascal WinCrt & WinMouse units

4. Freepascal Units and functions description

5. rsr232 unit for freepascal ?

6. rsr232 unit for freepascal ?

7. Units using units

8. Units using units