Freepascal Units and functions description
Author Message
 Freepascal Units and functions description

Hi all.

Does anybody know where I can find all the units and function/procedure
calls that I can use in FreePascal? I looked on their site, but can't find
anything.

I hope you can figure out what I'm trying to say. Eg. I would like a
document that describes as follows for example:

Unit dos
Function FindFirst;
Desc: Finds first ocurrence of as file.

etc.

Or something similar.

This is on a Linux system.

Thanks!

--
 24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case...Coincidence???
Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf)

Fri, 28 May 2004 07:44:09 GMT
 Freepascal Units and functions description

Quote:

> Hi all.

> Does anybody know where I can find all the units and function/procedure
> calls that I can use in Freepascal? I looked on their site, but can't find
> anything.

> I hope you can figure out what I'm trying to say. Eg. I would like a
> document that describes as follows for example:

> Unit dos
> Function FindFirst;
> Desc: Finds first ocurrence of as file.

> etc.

> Or something similar.

> This is on a Linux system.

There should be PDF's installed together with your installation, if not, they
are also available under the "More info" section on the site.

The part with most units is called units.pdf, and the documentation of the
system is called ref.pdf.

HTML versions are also floating around, and are available in the same section
on the site.

Sat, 29 May 2004 03:40:13 GMT
 Freepascal Units and functions description

Quote:

>> Hi all.

>> Does anybody know where I can find all the units and function/procedure
>> calls that I can use in Freepascal? I looked on their site, but can't
>> find anything.

> There should be PDF's installed together with your installation, if not,
> they are also available under the "More info" section on the site.

> The part with most units is called units.pdf, and the documentation of the
> system is called ref.pdf.

> HTML versions are also floating around, and are available in the same
> section on the site.

Thanks very much. Dunno how I was looking if I didn't see them, maybe I
should try to get more sleep.

--
" Why do they say 'till death do you part' Why not something simple and
faster like {*filter*}"
Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf)
Kernel 2.4.2-2 on an i686
  6:54am  up 12 days,  2:42,  5 users,  load average: 1.07, 1.06, 1.01

Sat, 29 May 2004 12:55:41 GMT
 Freepascal Units and functions description

Quote:

> Hi all.

> Does anybody know where I can find all the units and function/procedure
> calls that I can use in Freepascal? I looked on their site, but can't find
> anything.

Free Pascal have a very good documentation for basic units , there are
4 pdf files.Each unit and routine is described,mostly with examples.
This documentation looks better then eg. documentation for kylix.

cheers

Sat, 29 May 2004 16:20:08 GMT
 Freepascal Units and functions description

Quote:

>> Hi all.

>> Does anybody know where I can find all the units and function/procedure
>> calls that I can use in Freepascal? I looked on their site, but can't
>> find anything.

> Free Pascal have a very good documentation for basic units , there are
> 4 pdf files.Each unit and routine is described,mostly with examples.
> This documentation looks better then eg. documentation for kylix.

Yep, I found them. I don't like pdf, but I got the txt (easy grepping) and
the html (easy reading) versions. Thanks everybody.

Now to try and remember the little I know about pascal under dos, and see
if I can figure out to do it for Linux.

--
A wise man never blows his knows.
Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf)
Kernel 2.4.2-2 on an i686
  6:40am  up 14 days,  2:24,  5 users,  load average: 1.13, 1.10, 1.05

Mon, 31 May 2004 12:41:53 GMT

1. Want BDE Functions Detail Description/ Manual for Delphi use

2. Freepascal: SendTo and RecvFrom functions?

3. FreePascal exports function names in upper-case?

4. FreePascal unit for SMTP?

5. IDEA unit in FreePascal?

6. Documentation of FreePascal WinCrt & WinMouse units

7. using TPU units in FreePascal

8. rsr232 unit for freepascal ?

9. rsr232 unit for freepascal ?

10. FUNkit 1.0b1 - Function Parsing unit for BP7.0

11. FUNkit 1.0b1 - Function Parser unit

12. Cross referencer, tree of unit/procedure/function dependencies