X or SVGALib bindings for FPK
Author Message
 X or SVGALib bindings for FPK

Do there exist any units for FPK (or Gnu Pascal, but I really like
FPK) that allow access to XLib or SVGALib (preferably SVGALib, which
could then theoretically be ported to DOS)?

What I'd really like, but I'm sure doesn't exist and I don't have
either the time or X-windows experience to produce, is a unit that
used SVGALib under Linux Console or DOS, and created a window of a
given fixed sized when run under (or compiled for) Windows or X.  That
way I could write one program and get the same behavior under X,
Windows, DOS, and the console.

Any ideas?

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 X or SVGALib bindings for FPK
Timothy Dixon schrieb:

Quote:

> Do there exist any units for FPK (or Gnu Pascal, but I really like
> FPK) that allow access to XLib or SVGALib (preferably SVGALib, which
> could then theoretically be ported to DOS)?

SVGALIB Interface:
http://tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be/~michael/fpc-linux/svgalib/svgalib.html

or from (there are also other useful units)
http://tflily.fys.kuleuven.ac.be/cgi-bin/contrib?mode=htmlquery

Quote:

> What I'd really like, but I'm sure doesn't exist and I don't have
> either the time or X-windows experience to produce, is a unit that
> used SVGALib under Linux Console or DOS, and created a window of a
> given fixed sized when run under (or compiled for) Windows or X.  That
> way I could write one program and get the same behavior under X,
> Windows, DOS, and the console.

> Any ideas?

The graph unit of FPC runs under DOS and Linux. If you want X and
Win32, you can use the GTK where also an interface for FPC exists and
GTK is currently ported also to win32. You can get the FPC GTK Interface
on the fpc web site under developement

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 X or SVGALib bindings for FPK

Quote:

> Do there exist any units for FPK (or Gnu Pascal, but I really like
> FPK) that allow access to XLib or SVGALib (preferably SVGALib, which
> could then theoretically be ported to DOS)?

For GNU Pascal, we have a portable graphics library that works
with plain DOS or SVGAlib or X11 or (beta) the Win32 API.
One source code - runs everywhere just by recompiling.

Quote:
> What I'd really like, but I'm sure doesn't exist and I don't have
> either the time or X-windows experience to produce, is a unit that
> used SVGALib under Linux Console or DOS, and created a window of a
> given fixed sized when run under (or compiled for) Windows or X.  That
> way I could write one program and get the same behavior under X,
> Windows, DOS, and the console.

That's exactly what our graphics library does.

Just get and install the `grx23' library from your nearest DJGPP
distribution, subdirectory `v2tk'.  (Yes, DJGPP is a DOS
development platform, but the library is portable and not at all
restricted to DOS.:-)  The subdirectory `pascal' of the GRX
sources contains a unit to use the library from GNU Pascal.

Hope this helps,

    Peter

--
Peter Gerwinski, Essen, Germany, http://home.pages.de/~Peter.Gerwinski/
Maintainer GNU Pascal - http://home.pages.de/~GNU-Pascal/ - gpc-19990118

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 X or SVGALib bindings for FPK

Quote:

>> Do there exist any units for FPK (or Gnu Pascal, but I really like
>> FPK) that allow access to XLib or SVGALib (preferably SVGALib, which
>> could then theoretically be ported to DOS)?

>For GNU Pascal, we have a portable graphics library that works
>with plain DOS or SVGAlib or X11 or (beta) the Win32 API.
>One source code - runs everywhere just by recompiling.

Very cool!

Thanks!

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 X or SVGALib bindings for FPK

Quote:

>> Do there exist any units for FPK (or Gnu Pascal, but I really like
>> FPK) that allow access to XLib or SVGALib (preferably SVGALib, which
>> could then theoretically be ported to DOS)?

-------- 8< ---digital scissors applied ----------------

Quote:

>Just get and install the `grx23' library from your nearest DJGPP
>distribution, subdirectory `v2tk'.  (Yes, DJGPP is a DOS
>development platform, but the library is portable and not at all
>restricted to DOS.:-)  The subdirectory `pascal' of the GRX
>sources contains a unit to use the library from GNU Pascal.

>Hope this helps,

I couldn't find any documentation on the library (except "how to
install it").  Does any exist?  Did I just miss it (it was pretty late
last night when I was looking)?

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. -lvga error from svgalib demos compile

2. Update: GPF with SVGALib

3. GPF with SVGALib

4. "Binding" Executables for DOS and Windows

5. Binding to Oracle char fields

6. UpdateSQL - binding parameters???

7. Data Binding

8. static/dynamic binding